ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd wager there's something mistyped in one of those long series of parameters (spritesheet configuration, poses configuration, etc.).

There are various things that, if parsed as JSON, will throw an error because of invalid syntax.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I fixed that error but now I get this error when I enter battle.
newError.png

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I fixed that error but now I get this error when I enter battle.
I am unfamiliar with the plugin, but as @ATT_Turan said, that (also) appears to be a problem where the plugin dev is using JSON.parse() against some notes or something, and the format is invalid JSON. Rooting around through the code I found on their github, it looks like its a goof up in the plugin parameters:

Seems the dev didn't bother parsing the plugin parameters onload, but is instead parsing them on-the-fly. What a way to live dangerously!

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am unfamiliar with the plugin, but as @ATT_Turan said, that (also) appears to be a problem where the plugin dev is using JSON.parse() against some notes or something, and the format is invalid JSON. Rooting around through the code I found on their github, it looks like its a goof up in the plugin parameters:

Seems the dev didn't bother parsing the plugin parameters onload, but is instead parsing them on-the-fly. What a way to live dangerously!
Thank you I was wondering what was going on. I am tempted to contact the dev but I don't want to bother them, and their demo uses an older version.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you I was wondering what was going on. I am tempted to contact the dev but I don't want to bother them, and their demo uses an older version.
As a dev, who has been contacted (I think even by you at one point- lol), I encourage it. Maybe the dev doesn't even know its a problem, and breaking from the unguarded parsing of plugin parameters feels like something that is worth at least bringing up.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Update to the Bootleg YS Battle system. Butt-stabbing is now a thing.
If you hit a monsters back, that hit does triple damage and the monster doesn't hit you; however the monster will immediately turn to face you. Also, figured out how to make Bombs, Sling-shot, a Hammer, and a Saw if you didn't see my previous video. Also made Teleportation circles and a warp whistle.
Wow! This game may be one of the best Maker games I've ever seen! Come hang out with us while Drifty and I experience this masterpiece:LZSjoy:
The team and I are taking a 2 month break from Evergloom (now in it's second year of development) to enter a Gamejam! We work pretty well together now so hopefully we can create something cool.

We've decided on a village idle game, because of the Jam's themes!! It's exciting to be working on something new!g11.gif
New Free Music! This is an epic orchestral called "Break These Chains." I think I posted a preview of it awhile back, but now it's finally available to download and use!

I hope everyone enjoys!
Recently played OneShot and it's reminded me how a game doesn't need to be very long or have a big complex story or gameplay to be good and interesting. It's a RPG Maker game that does unconventional things I would never dare trying to do but it's a cool one nevertheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdajbhdhavbwdhajkshd