ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd wager there's something mistyped in one of those long series of parameters (spritesheet configuration, poses configuration, etc.).

There are various things that, if parsed as JSON, will throw an error because of invalid syntax.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I fixed that error but now I get this error when I enter battle.
newError.png

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I fixed that error but now I get this error when I enter battle.
I am unfamiliar with the plugin, but as @ATT_Turan said, that (also) appears to be a problem where the plugin dev is using JSON.parse() against some notes or something, and the format is invalid JSON. Rooting around through the code I found on their github, it looks like its a goof up in the plugin parameters:

Seems the dev didn't bother parsing the plugin parameters onload, but is instead parsing them on-the-fly. What a way to live dangerously!

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am unfamiliar with the plugin, but as @ATT_Turan said, that (also) appears to be a problem where the plugin dev is using JSON.parse() against some notes or something, and the format is invalid JSON. Rooting around through the code I found on their github, it looks like its a goof up in the plugin parameters:

Seems the dev didn't bother parsing the plugin parameters onload, but is instead parsing them on-the-fly. What a way to live dangerously!
Thank you I was wondering what was going on. I am tempted to contact the dev but I don't want to bother them, and their demo uses an older version.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you I was wondering what was going on. I am tempted to contact the dev but I don't want to bother them, and their demo uses an older version.
As a dev, who has been contacted (I think even by you at one point- lol), I encourage it. Maybe the dev doesn't even know its a problem, and breaking from the unguarded parsing of plugin parameters feels like something that is worth at least bringing up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch
i got bronchitis ; n ;
I've been trying very hard to distance myself from my inspirations, but maybe It would be better just to accept it.
3uL5XnP.gif
For my 100th post, I wanted to thank this forums community for the generosity and respect that each of you show.

I'm always impressed when I see the 6x veterans (in number of years compared to my presence here on these forums) continue to help and support all the community members on a daily basis, the awesome artists who share their creations with so much passion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinto_hacker