Not open for further replies.

Tynerius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
so everything seems to be working fine until i made a switch for a dialog and fornsome reason after thenswitch is activated everything on my map isnt usable i cant even open my menu in game or leave the map im on

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

If you aren’t using MZ, let us know and we will move it to the correct forum.

If every event is activated, it says you have every event conditioned to that 1 switch, which you shouldn’t do. The inability to open menus sounds like you have an autorun event going.

Please provide full screenshots for the event pages of the event that turns on the switch as well as one of the events activating that shouldn’t.

Tynerius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I will try to see if i can make them smaller

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or it could be that one of your plugins assigned that specific switch to special functions.
NEVER ignore plugins after adding them, they always need to be configured - and if you don't know what a specific configuration does, then read the help and ask around.
There are dozens of cases where games run into problems due to forgotten configurations in ignored plugins.

Tynerius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I play on the switch, i dont have any plug ins

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you need to check every event where you used that specific switch for mistakes.

and you should learn that you should always name switches on first use, because that way you can never double-use them like you have currently - if a switch has a name you'll know that you already used it for something else.
Now you need to find and correct every other use of that switch that caused the problem.

and if you need help with that, we need to see screenshots of your event code and settings.

Tynerius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Its the first time i used a switch and everything worked fine before i made it
I also added photos but the moderator hasnt posted them yet

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In that event, do you need the switch to do anything else besides go to the next page? If not, use a self-switch instead.

Tynerius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There are only 4 self switches how would that work for multiple dialogs, i want her to say the 2nd one until after i go and talk to the inn keeper then i want her to same somethibg else after the everything is done, but how do switches stop you from leaving the map or opening up your menu?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is on page 2 of that event?

If you turned on a switch and now you can no longer move or open a menu, it means you probably have a page conditioned by that switch that's got an autorun trigger. This could include a page that has no event commands on it, as well as a common event that's conditioned by that switch.

You could also do a search for the switch, using the Event Searcher tool (icon has a laptop with a magnifying glass, beside the Sound Test and Resource Manager icons).

Also, that isn't RPG Maker MZ. What is it?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You use the switch version? Just so you know this company did not release that version so unless someone happens to know how to use it we won't be able to give you specific advice for that version. Just advice that is general for RPGMakers.

Tynerius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just checked the only things that are tied to that switch is the 2 pages i sent you guys

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You use the switch version? Just so you know this company did not release that version so unless someone happens to know how to use it we won't be able to give you specific advice for that version. Just advice that is general for RPGMakers.
Most, if not all, event related issues should be fairly similar in nature. I have a few Discord acquaintances who have it, and everything I've seen points to Trinity being normal MV, just slightly downsized for consoles.

Tynerius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Mind if inhave your discord name dude i could use someone i can get in touch with easier

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm the same everywhere.

Tynerius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I need your 4 digit tag

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I see page 2 of your event, by the way? I need to see the trigger condition you have on it.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"I turned on a switch and now I'm stuck" sounds like a parallel common event running somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.
rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokerkoksszoparussiaespor