I need a hand with the Fixed Battle members Plugin

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by KeroTani, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeroTani

KeroTani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The help file just says this

Plugin Command:

FixedBattleMembers 1 # Fixed battle members = the actor #1

FixedBattleMembers 2 3 # Fixed battle members = the actor #2 and #3

FixedBattleMembers # Clears the fixed battle members

So first I tried putting # Fixed battle members = the actor #1 in the characters notebox. But when I tested it I was still able to chance him.

Then I tried FixedBattleMembers 1 thinking that was the note I was supposed to put in the box but it didn't work. 

I'm guessing I need to do something else but i'm unsure what. 

2. rikkuchavez

rikkuchavez Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Okay so what you're going to have to do is you're going to have to make a plugin command. If you want to happen right away you are going to need to talk to something or click on something I walk on something and it will have a plugin commands in your events so what you're going to have to do is show created an event then go and put in your commands so you're going to go to number 3 on your event commands and it's going to be at the bottom advance once you click that a box will pop up and you're going to type in commands fix battle members 1 now say that and after your character walks over the events or you can put it in like you're beginning events that character will always be locked in no matter what

3. Kitdan7

Kitdan7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know, the way the help file was written is nearly useless. They chose to use a very broken shorthand where a real explanation was needed. However, I decided to toy with some things, using the broken help file shorthand and the broken English explanation of rikkuchavez as vague guidelines.

In proper English:
    Create an event. In tab 3 of the "Event Commands" there's a section in the bottom right corner labeled "Advanced". Use the "plugin Commands" option there, and it brings up a textbox. Type or copy and paste certain commands into this textbox, and you'll get certain results when the event is activated. "FixedBattleMembers" followed by any number (or set of numbers separated by spaces), will lock those party members. Any numbers not listed in the command will be unlocked.
    For instance: "FixedBattleMembers 1 2" will lock the first and second party members, but leave the third and forth free to switch. If you used "FixedBattleMembers 1 4" it would lock the first and fourth slots, and unlock the second and third. The second slot would unlock even if the second command were used immediately after the first command.
    It should be noted that locked characters will move up above unlocked characters, and it goes by player ID value, not current slot. Just an interesting little tidbit that could let you force reorganize the party.

(PS: I know this post is over 3 years old, but I was barely able to piece it together, so I thought I'd cut out the legwork for people stumbling on this post in their help searches in the future)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Kitdan7, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I know you want to be helpful, but given the age of this plugin, and the fact that subsequent updates to the engine have rendered early plugins obsolete means that the chances of anyone needing this are probably zero.

I am therefore closing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.