Brave_Hero

Unknow_Hero
Reaction score
First Language
Portugês-Brasil
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, everyone!!

I start a project on RPG maker MV, and using the XP version too. I pretend to make maps conected, like in pokémon games, The legend of Zelda Games and etc...But i don't know how to connect my maps.
Can you help me with vídeos teatching how conect my map, on MV or XP?
PS: Is an original game with tilesets, sprites, art and everything, so, i'm not using the pokémon essentials.

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There's this plugin but apparently some people reported some issues about it. Try testing it and see if it works~

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are several ways to do this, depending on exactly how you want to do it.

the basic method is just making a lot of transfer events. this works especially for detail maps where the player has to follow roads instead of free roaming - it doesn't work as well in world maps, but then again you usually only need one large world map instead of connected ones.

the second method is having a parallel process check the player coordinates and transfer if he goes to the map edges. Requires a bit of knowledge how to prevent lag when writing the parallel process.

the third option is using a script or plugin. this will require you to find a script (RGSS for RNXP) or plugin (for RMMV) that is compatible with all the other scripts or plugins you're already using. This might have compatibility problems or effects you don't like if it was done for a different game, but you could also luck out and find exactly what you need.

Gabriel-Chi

MetsuG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't make,like,just put the maps and make an event to teleport the player?or make giant maps like pokemon,and only connec maps like florests,more like Pokemon fire red a similars?
give me some time and i whill get images,or not,if i can't
hope i helped and you understood

!Good luck whitch you game!:kaophew:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Gabriel-Chi, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hiatus; Still doing my best to get employed. :hwink:
Finally took the plunge and got myself MV. Time for some productivity!
Not more Goblins but variations of the Irish Merrow this time...

Okay so now you can prepend a JS library to your Haxe plugin. You can also prepend your attribution information to every compiled plugin.

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madyo