I need a little bit of help with the Damage formula and how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I've been looking through threads and finding youtube videos and such cause I try to learn as much as I can without having to pester those on the forums, but I'm a bit stuck here.
I found the a.add_state(stateid); a.atk etc etc etc. and I've tried to use it. It works perfectly fine with the out of the box states (poison, confusion, stun, etc.) but the state's I've personally created over the past few days don't work correctly, or instantly crash the playtest with the error of an incorrect syntax. I've only had the software for two days so forgive my ignorance here. I'd like a little assistance, how do I know the state ID? I figured it was the 001 002 003 etc that was being displayed with the OoB states, but when I tried to apply the following a.add_state(029); a.atk 150 + a.mat * 4
this causes the game to crash. I can and will gather a few screenshots and provide them below.
I suppose if I had to sum it up to a few questions.
How can I assign state IDs so that my skills can reference my custom created state's properly?
How do I view what it's state ID is?
An example for the type of ability I'd want to do
Maelstrom Crash: deal lightning damage to all enemies and grant the caster resistance to Lightning damage. (very basic example, I think there's a Force state that is an OoB ID that works correctly.)
Thank you for any assistance in advance!
Screenshot2.JPG
Screenshot1 for forum.JPG\
As I was adding these I found another (error?) but probably just my ignorance to this subject.
a.add_state(014);
State 14 (HP regen?) gave me provoke in combat.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Say 14, not 014.
And 29, not 029.

Leading zeros causes some things to convert to a different numbering system, which is where the "invalid octal digit" error comes from.

Airil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Say 14, not 014.
And 29, not 029.

Leading zeros causes some things to convert to a different numbering system, which is where the "invalid octal digit" error comes from.
I love you!
(Platonically.)
Thanks so much!

Airil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a follow up question in regards to this type of thing.
I'm designing an ability that is guaranteed to critically strike. So I figured make a state that gives 100% CRI that only lasts ONE action. and then I slapped a.add_state(41); to the ability, but... it applies AFTER the attack. Is there a way to phrase it or a way to go about making the buff apply BEFORE the attack so that it immediately drops off after?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Airil Since this is a different question than what you asked when creating your thread, I would suggest to create new thread. Although it's technically not hijacking since it's your own thread, it's changing the topic at hand.

I'm closing this thread since it has been solved. Next time, when your thread has been solved, you can report your thread (the report button at the bottom of any of your posts, besides the "edit" button) and ask for it to be closed (you can write "solved" for the reason). Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

EDIT: You can check out the tutorial thread on the damage formula for VXA here:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magidonsa