I need a Permanent Separate window.

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by AndracoDragons, Sep 14, 2015.

1. AndracoDragons

AndracoDragons Villager Member

First Language:
    english
     Okay i need some help. I need a script that will make a window that shows actor ones face. Now i could just use the show picture option in the event menu but its not that simple. What I need it to do is to show Actor 1's as it currently is in that window. Even when that is changed with the Change Actor Graphic option from the event menu. I also need it to remain where it is as multiple texts and choice options happen and end. Pretty much i need it to only go away when I want it to go away. A modified screen shot is available so you can see what i would like at least graphically. If a script already exists I'm sorry i couldn't find it i searched for hours (i really did i am not exaggerating.)

scriptrequest.png

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    -EDIT-

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  3. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    Although you said "permanent" on the topic's title, what you later described is more like you want a full controllable window that only show and close on the timing you wanted.

This tutorial here shows you how to create a window using only eventing

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/38406-eventing-tutorial-for-creating-custom-text-windows/#entry381693

And to show an actor's picture, skip part 2 and part 3 in that tutorial and use this script call after part 1:

@win.draw_face("facefilename", index_number, x, y, true)facefilename = the file name you use for face

index_number = the index number of the face file 0 1 2 3/4 5 6 7

x,y the the position you want it in the window

true/false in the last part is whether you want it to be semi-transparent. true = no transparent, false = semi-transparent

chungsie likes this.
  4. AndracoDragons

First Language:
    english
    I mean permanent in context to when other events are happening. I also need it to show Actor 1's face, because that is what is changing and i need the changes to be visible through out the process. For what you discribed, i would do create the box and then instead of 

@win.draw_face("facefilename", index_number, x, y, true)

I would put 

@win.draw_face(Actor_id "1", index_number, x, y, true)

But i do not know if that is possibe or if that would even work. i need to show actor 1's face and for it update or refresh as the face changes in relation to when event command "change actor graphic" is used no matter how many times that may be.

5. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    Actor_id "1" will not work, because you need to put a File Name string there.

Try use $game_actors[1].face_name instead.

and you will need $game_actors[1].face_index to get the index.

Try put this code into an event's script call and you should see it working.

@win = Window_Base.new(0,0,120,120)@win.draw_face($game_actors[1].face_name, $game_actors[1].face_index, 0, 0, true)

For details on how to change things (size,position), refreshing a window's content and closing the windows. Check that tutorial for details.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  6. AndracoDragons

First Language:
    english
    Thanks i got it working with your help Would you like me to use "MeowFace" to credit you or is there something else you would prefer? (this isn't for a commercial game just a free one)

7. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    No credit is not needed. Congratulations on your progress!