I need a small script addon for MOG - XAS PICKUP AND THROW

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Imploded Tomato, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imploded Tomato

Imploded Tomato Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
           This script is giving me a single problem which I cannot patch using common events. I am using a custom version of XAS Ace 0.6 which has this script called ("MOG - XAS PICKUP AND THROW v1.0)". The version of XAS I am using does not support 8-directional movement graphic support, only movement support; So I implemented it using common events and I have no problems with the update I implemented; however, when this script becomes active ("MOG - XAS PICKUP AND THROW v1.0") and I pick up an object and hold it over my characters head and move my character, I have an undesired effect during my 8 directional movement graphic update which is causing the graphic of my character to split between two separate graphics while moving diagonally (One graphic for holding the object above you're head, and the other for moving diagonally.) It's a stupid bug and I wish to squash it's guts out, but there's a problem...

My solution to this problem is to temporarily turn off the 8 directional movement graphic support while the object is being held. I have assigned each liftable object with a switch that is supposed to be triggered when you simply press the a button next to the event (Switch : 603). However, because of the script ("MOG - XAS PICKUP AND THROW v1.0") It won't allow it for whatever reason...

I am requesting a simple script addon for "MOG - XAS PICKUP AND THROW (v1.0)". All I need is switch : 603 to turn on when an object is picked up or lifted, not thrown.

This is the first problem I have been unable to solve on my own as I have very limited scripted knowledge on RGSS3. If anyone can fix this, I will give them credit, and beta access to my project (been in the works for 8 months using custom resources.)

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, the bug I am facing is like a Cockroach running around with it's head chopped off, refusing to die. I've tried squashing this bug for over 3-4 months using different methods, and I have gotten absolutely nowhere at all because I cannot find a method to trigger Switch : 603 during the pick up/ object lifting. I would be very, very, very, grateful to anyone willing to stomp this bugs guts out!

2. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    you use the vx version? or the ace

but the Throw and pick up is simply a command for take events

did you use a EXTRA script who force 8 movement?

if yes is normal XAS have is own 8 movement system

Imploded Tomato likes this.
  3. Imploded Tomato

First Language:
    English
    "you use the vx version? or the ace" (I am using the Ace version as mentioned above.)

"but the Throw and pick up is simply a command for take events" (I am aware of this.)

"did you use a EXTRA script who force 8 movement?" (No.)

"if yes is normal XAS have is own 8 movement system" ( Yes it does have 8 directional movement support, but not for the graphic of the actor itself, this is what I implemented using common events.)

When the pickup script command is triggered, I need switch 603 to be triggered on. I am going to keep experimenting with different methods. Maybe I can trigger switch 603 to turn on under a conditional branch when the pickup script becomes active. There's got to be some way to do this, thanks for you're support, you got my brain going again, lol.

4. Imploded Tomato

First Language:
    English
    I have finally resolved the issue and am requesting this topic be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.