I need help: Finishing the game...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Deployment' started by Dreyliam, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Dreyliam

Dreyliam Villager Member

First Language:
    portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unknow error
    i'm trying to release a Demo version of my project but, when i export(compile) the game from RPG MAKER MV some files are just deleted, like all the BGM folder and some plugins files... i'm using the "Website 2 apk" to make the demo version for Android.
    i don't have idea what are causing the problem, anyone knows what i have to do?

i believe that the problem is the export from RPG MAKER not the Website 2 APK

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na Poker-faced girl who is on a break Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla/Bengali
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Check off the "remove unused files" option during export. You should manually delete things you don't need. And you should look at Xilefian's tutorial on how to export your game to android. Website to apk is nice and easy but I think that one is more accurate.

3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) this will happen if you include files or folders that do not follow networking rules.
    Only latin letters, numbers and a very limited number of special signs are allowed to be used as filenames under networking rules. Especially spaces are NOT legal under those rules.
    any files or folders that include them will be removed on deployment

2) as said above, this can be the result of files excluded by deployment setting.
    This usually happens if those files are only used by a plugin and the plugin did not register them as used. There is a command for that, but a lot of plugin writers ignore that and as a result the engine does not know it has to include those files if the setting "exclude unused files" is used.
    You can test that by checking if the game works without that exclusion - if yes, make a map that will never be used in the game and use those pictures and sounds on the map. It doesn't need to make any sense on the map as it is neve played, it is only to inform the editor to include those files.

other than that we can't really help as most probably don't know how that website to apk even works.

5. Dreyliam

Dreyliam Villager Member

First Language:
    portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't have marked the exclude unused file option, the first thing that you have said... refer to the name of the file? so i just need to rename they all?

i exported to the Windows option, and all are working well.

i dont think that the problem is the website 2 apk, just because, when i marked to rpg maker export to android/ios version, the greatest part of the files are automatically deleted. i have checked the exported files after exported, and some of them aren't there

6. Dreyliam

Dreyliam Villager Member

First Language:
    portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay i just be confused where i need to post

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yes, but not all files - only those that have filenames that are illegal under networking rules.
    In the browser you would get an error message with some letters replaced by %-numbers, like spaces that are replaced by %20. Each of those cases is a letter that will NOT work - the browser needs to replace them in the error messsage because it has no way of handling the wrong filenames. And that override with the %20 is windows - it will NOT work on other operating systems.
    As said above, that is because Microsoft implemented some really stupid overrides that looks for a wrong file if the originally used filename has some specific errors in it.

Just another example:
    In every operating system but windows, ABC.jpg and abc.jpg are two different files, because A is a different letter than a (capitalization counts as different almost everywhere due to the way how letters are stored).
    Now if you're telling the computer to load the file named ABC.jpg and he doesn't find it, then every regular operating system will return "file not found". Windows will instead search for and load abc.jpg even if that is a different filename even under windows - and it will not tell you that it loaded a different file than the one you asked for, instead hiding the capitalization error.

So if you have such a reference to a wrong filename it will appear to work under windows, and completely fail as soon as you move to any other operating system.

And depending on what exactly the file error is and what system is targeted, some files with wrong filenames cannot be copied at all - they are not deleted as you assumed, they simply couldn't be copied to start with because their filenames cannot be processed (for example if the filenames contain spaces, even Windows has to go through a lot of idiotic hoops to allow spaces in filenames because in MSDOS and early Windows versions they also were forbidden to be used in filenames for good reasons.

Anything that has to developing the content of the game goes into MV support. Everything after that (after you hit the "Deployment" button on the editor) goes into MV Deployment, exactly because it's then when the rules for other operating systems can get in your way, but not before.