SansMain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm attempting to add sprites to a preexisting sheet, i saved over the original, then when i tried to use that sprite sheet, it reverted to the original tileset which no longer even exists!!!!! This is really frustrating. If someone knows how to make a custom tileset, please let me know please! Thanks

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know of any RPG Maker feature that reverts image files. What exactly is reverted? The image file or settings in the Maker's UI?

SansMain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know of any RPG Maker feature that reverts image files. What exactly is reverted? The image file or settings in the Maker's UI?
I edited the file in photoshop, then when i tryed to add the newly edited tileset, but when i opened it in rpg maker it was the original unedited image

Enigman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where did you save your pre-existing sheet? Was it in the default RPG Maker file location or was it in your game's folder/directory?

If you edited it in the default RPG Maker folder structure you won't see your edits until you copy them into your game's folder (assuming you are using a pre-existing game to test) or create a new game.

SansMain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where did you save your pre-existing sheet? Was it in the default RPG Maker file location or was it in your game's folder/directory?

If you edited it in the default RPG Maker folder structure you won't see your edits until you copy them into your game's folder (assuming you are using a pre-existing game to test) or create a new game.
I saved it over the "Outside 3" tileset in the tilesets folder

SansMain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it!! I somehow copied the tileset folder

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also keep in mind RPG Maker caches a lot of things, make really sure something is reverted before doing anything drastic.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Remember to do your 0,01% progress on your game today!
Went to see Jujutsu Kaisen 0 yesterday, it was cool. The movie wasnt really a masterpiece, it had some pacing and characterization problems, but overall I enjoyed it, maybe because it was the first anime film I have ever been to in the cinema lol. The battle animation & music were top-notch. I havent seen much of the anime so people who watched the entire season would probably like it more.
MainMenu.PNG
Finally satisfied with the main menu xD

The plan was to have battle sprites in the menu...But these faces from Ocean's Nostalgia look pretty damn good imo. (Will have to adjust for them ofc and maybe recolor to match the overworld/battle sprites more)
It's always disturbing to me to see my cat eating something off the bathroom floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonson