Isabela

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I'm developing a game on RPGMMV where the mechanism is focused on doing things to increase time (which are just points that simulates time where you raise the constant of a variable that increases 5,10,15,20... minutes).
Example:
Grab a random item (5 Minutes) (add 1)
Look for an useful item (10 Minutes) (add 2)

But I'm thinking about developing a HUD that shows the time on the screen, but I have no clue how to do this on an event, so I thought on making a plugin especially for the game. But I'm also very new at programming and I'm kinda lost. Do you guys have any tip of how I can do that? (I have SRDude's HUD maker btw)

Siffers

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use a variable to store the points, then have them display in the HUD with "${$gameVariables.value(id)}" by replacing "id" with the id of the variable you chose.

So in example, if you used variable 7 you would write "${$gameVariables.value(7)}"
Then when you pick up an item worth 5 minutes, you would run an event that adds +1 to variable 7

You could also have text in front of it with something like "text ${$gameVariables.value(7)}"

I hope this helps!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So um what is the deal with rpgmakerofficial.com ,why are there two rpg maker websites now? Is it any different from the current one rpgmakerweb.com??
ScreenShot_7_1_2022_11_41_55.png
When the Panic gauge is full, Mike will turn into Omar in a state of actual panic. his move list changes and until the meter depletes completely, he'll be able make use of this alter ego.
So unbelievably excited for IGMC this year! First public game was for the original one and I'm just so pumped!!
Sometimes I am amazed at how relentless spam bots are. I would clear the que and then see 800~5k more depending on their mood.
Work on UD is already so delayed but I gotta drop everything so that I have something ready for IGMC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx145698