Isabela

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I'm developing a game on RPGMMV where the mechanism is focused on doing things to increase time (which are just points that simulates time where you raise the constant of a variable that increases 5,10,15,20... minutes).
Example:
Grab a random item (5 Minutes) (add 1)
Look for an useful item (10 Minutes) (add 2)

But I'm thinking about developing a HUD that shows the time on the screen, but I have no clue how to do this on an event, so I thought on making a plugin especially for the game. But I'm also very new at programming and I'm kinda lost. Do you guys have any tip of how I can do that? (I have SRDude's HUD maker btw)

Siffers

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use a variable to store the points, then have them display in the HUD with "${$gameVariables.value(id)}" by replacing "id" with the id of the variable you chose.

So in example, if you used variable 7 you would write "${$gameVariables.value(7)}"
Then when you pick up an item worth 5 minutes, you would run an event that adds +1 to variable 7

You could also have text in front of it with something like "text ${$gameVariables.value(7)}"

I hope this helps!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here know a @Sonheruu? Pop over to their forum activity for a sec lol
Game Making Every Day #19 :kaosalute:

Uploaded my short game to itch.io just to see how it works... It doens't. Failed to load IconSet.png it says.
Yeah okay. Not wasting another second on it. :\
I wonder if anyone would be interested in free character art from me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haileyrowe234