Nugget

The Great Seal
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I want this character to get into a state when all of the other party members are defeated in battle, is there a way to do this? Do I need a plugin?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a troop event that runs at least once a turn to check all party members and affect the actor if the correct conditions are fulfilled.

if you need that to happen in every battle, then instead of copying that troop event everywhere you could use a base troop plugin, but that in itself is not neccessary for the effect, only to make things easier instead of copying.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi! Welcome!
Is this for a specific boss battle for example?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's much easier for you to use VisuStella's Skills and States Core. Put this as a passive state on the actor you want. Then the condition for it would be:
Code:
<JS Passive Condition>
condition=$gameParty.aliveMembers().length==1;
</JS Passive Condition>

Nugget

The Great Seal
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you'll need a troop event that runs at least once a turn to check all party members and affect the actor if the correct conditions are fulfilled.

if you need that to happen in every battle, then instead of copying that troop event everywhere you could use a base troop plugin, but that in itself is not neccessary for the effect, only to make things easier instead of copying.
Oh, okay, thanks I'll try that

Hi! Welcome!
Is this for a specific boss battle for example?
It's for a lot of battles

Nugget

The Great Seal
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think it's much easier for you to use VisuStella's Skills and States Core. Put this as a passive state on the actor you want. Then the condition for it would be:
Code:
<JS Passive Condition>
condition=$gameParty.aliveMembers().length==1;
</JS Passive Condition>
I'm sorry, where do I put that code? I'm very new to this, it's my first project and I had no prior knowledge on this stuff

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you using visustella plugins?
https://visustella.itch.io/visumz-sample
If yes, you type @ATT_Turan above code along with your passive state notetag into the NOTE box of whichever actor you like to have this state under said conditions.

If you aren't using them, they will not work.

Nugget

The Great Seal
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you using visustella plugins?
https://visustella.itch.io/visumz-sample
If yes, you type @ATT_Turan above code along with your passive state notetag into the NOTE box of whichever actor you like to have this state under said conditions.

If you aren't using them, they will not work.
Ohh, okay, thank you, and yes I do have the plugins, I'm just not entirely sure how they work

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you open the plugin manager.. then double click a visustella plugin, the left side has a detailed help description. You can also click the link above said description to open a webpage with the instructions for that plugin. The instructions are structured and detailed to begin understanding how to use them. When you encounter a situation where <JS CODE> is used, you will need some experience to utilise that. For the most part, the plugins provide many options to customise your game.

Nugget

The Great Seal
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you open the plugin manager.. then double click a visustella plugin, the left side has a detailed help description. You can also click the link above said description to open a webpage with the instructions for that plugin. The instructions are structured and detailed to begin understanding how to use them. When you encounter a situation where <JS CODE> is used, you will need some experience to utilise that. For the most part, the plugins provide many options to customise your game.
Alright, thank you very much for your help

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!
I don't understand people sometime. Walking to work today came across someone walking the opposite way in a nice suit, I politely move to the side into the shrubbery so he doesn't have to get his suit dirty and say "good morning" as he passes me, he turns around glaring daggers and asks "why are you talking to me?" like he's bloody offended by me wishing him a good morning or something. Just, why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpalWysty