I need help with a certain effect in MOG's Chrono Engine ABS mode.

SaskiaPakacat98

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, I wanted to have a quick question.
I wanted to have a player feedback by having the screen flash or shake when the player and/ or the enemy are hit, the disable knock-back function does so little, and I want to let the players know that if they hit the enemy or that they have been hit and need to heal when their health is too low.

But when I wanted to add the shake screen or flash screen to the enemy event or the player through common events, but for some reason the chrono-engine doesn't recognize it, only when I put it in the movement route, but the movement route does it every so seconds...

I don't even know if I should just remove this plugin, because I think that giving players feedback is important. I wanted to have it for my combat in the game, but is this an issue that is just present in the plugin?

Thanks for answering!

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want a screen flash when getting hit, add a screen flash to the animation in the animation editor.

SaskiaPakacat98

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah okay thanks! I didn't know that the animation tab could also provide a flash screen, but how do I add it so that when the player is hit, the animation will play? Do I have to put it in the script of the chrono engine or in common events?

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put them into the animations for whatever skill is hitting the player.

So if the player gets hit by enemy fire magic, the enemy fire magic skill has a screenflash animation.

SaskiaPakacat98

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Restart
Oh thank you, for your comment! Now it works! I'm so happy! Again thank you, now I know that I can use animations for effects.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?
1623528827049.png
Ah yes. Just the reference I was looking for to use for my portrait. Thanks Google.
BCj
Made a logo for Mana Star :D
330bb1fde7bb06b13e23fefd83501163.png
it's e3 season again..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xescar