Annihilation Special Unit Generation 0
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The story so far:
I'm currently working on a skill called "Combo Strike". It is a 3 hit move with the last hit dealing more damage.
While the skill itself has no cooldown, the strong hit has one. If you trigger the skill while the strong hit is on cooldown, the first 2 hits still trigger, the 3rd one however not.

How I accomplished that:
By using formar 0153's follow up skills plugin, I linked 2 different skills. The first one being a 2 hit attack, that is followed by a one hit attack provided it is off cooldown. Because the follow up skilled needs accessible to the played in order to be triggered and I want to prevent the player from using the strong hit separately, I put it in a skill category that I excluded from the Skills menu by using the Fomar0153_ActorBattleCommands plugin.

My Issues:
1.) The player can't see the actual cooldown of the strong hit.
2.) The strong hit hits a random target instead of the initial one that I selected.

How I temporarily resolved problem 1:
I made a skill category called "Cooldowns", then I created a skill of that category that is sealed by a state bestowed upon the player during battle start and that has the same cooldown as the strong hit. The strong hit triggers yet another skill that removes that state so that the player can use the "Strong hit cooldown display" skill. That skill is then followed by a skill that reapplies the state. It makes the player unable to select the cooldown display skill.

Short version:
Battle Start: Add state x

Combo Strike:
--> Skill 1: Two weak hits
--> Skill 2: One strong hit
--> Skill 3: Removal of the state x
--> Skill 4: Strong hit cooldown display skill
--> Skill 5: Re-add state x

This solution may work, but... you know... its a bit excessive, takes long to execute and is overall just stupid

What I want:
An easy way to display skill cooldowns that doesn't take long to execute, thus wasting the players time.
The 2 weak hits and the strong hit hitting the same target.
So basically issue 1 and 2 resolved in an efficient manner!

pls help pleeaaaseeee, efsjsfaefhs<oxc help me

PS. I would prefer it if you wouldn't judge me or the quality of this post as I haven't slept for approx. 41h
thanks UwU

Edit: Using MZ btw

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd rather use Visustella's Batte Core, and make a state called "3rd Strike Cooldown"; this state will be needed both for the heavier damage, and for the cooldown. Using a Custom Action Sequence, I would check if the user has the "3rd Strike Cooldown" state; if it has, the whole 3rd strike is omited from the action sequence. If else, the user acquires the state (that could even change the damage formula of the skill) and does the 3rd Strike.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Moved to the MZ Support board.

For the Cooldowns, I would just have a state (that lasts a number of turns equal to the skill's Cooldown) remove the "three-hit" skill and add the "two-hit" skill. You could then use any type of State Turns display plugin (I'm not sure what's out there for MZ yet, but for example in MV Yanfly's Buffs & States Core was an easy way to show it) to display how many turns are left before the third hit comes off of cooldown.

For the targeting, my instinct is to have the three-hit version run a common event with a Force Action which uses the third hit skill on the "Last Target" (this is an option in Force Action). If multiple people can use this skill, though, it may be tricky to figure out which Actor you need to have use the Forced Action.

I guess the alternative way around it would be to simply get a plugin where the different hits deal different amounts of damage, right? I don't know whether that's already out there, but it's something I plan to make eventually.

ASUG0

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd rather use Visustella's Batte Core, and make a state called "3rd Strike Cooldown"; this state will be needed both for the heavier damage, and for the cooldown. Using a Custom Action Sequence, I would check if the user has the "3rd Strike Cooldown" state; if it has, the whole 3rd strike is omited from the action sequence. If else, the user acquires the state (that could even change the damage formula of the skill) and does the 3rd Strike.
thanks you, UwU

ASUG0

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks u tuwu :)

ASUG0

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moved to the MZ Support board.

For the Cooldowns, I would just have a state (that lasts a number of turns equal to the skill's Cooldown) remove the "three-hit" skill and add the "two-hit" skill. You could then use any type of State Turns display plugin (I'm not sure what's out there for MZ yet, but for example in MV Yanfly's Buffs & States Core was an easy way to show it) to display how many turns are left before the third hit comes off of cooldown.

For the targeting, my instinct is to have the three-hit version run a common event with a Force Action which uses the third hit skill on the "Last Target" (this is an option in Force Action). If multiple people can use this skill, though, it may be tricky to figure out which Actor you need to have use the Forced Action.

I guess the alternative way around it would be to simply get a plugin where the different hits deal different amounts of damage, right? I don't know whether that's already out there, but it's something I plan to make eventually.
thanks u tuwu

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Varlen