Not open for further replies.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OK. Basically, my game is divided in 3 acts. It is a scifi plot set in space, and it revolves around hunting down an arms dealer.

Act 1 - You kind of have to duke it out on a medieval-ish planet before you get travelling among the stars. There are plot reasons that require to accomplish something in this under developed planet.

Act 2 - You are back in space. A space station of sorts is the main hub. You have to obtain a specific piece of technology to proceed to the final dungeon. Obtaining this tech is not very straightforward (could require to complete a variety of dungeons or such, although requirements may be semi random).

Act 3 - Final Dungeon. This is where you have the showdown with the arms dealer and his minions. Problem is, I'm not sure what sort of dungeon to make for the final dungeon. In the previous two acts I covered ancient type of places and scifi places (stations, etc). Any ideas as what the final dungeon could be? Thanks for any help :)

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm assuming that you want Act 3 to be of a different type than the first two...

I'm not sure I can answer that without knowing more about the villain's motives. What is the arms dealer trying to accomplish? Knowing that will help lay out the final dungeon.

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, since ancient and scifi are covered, modern and premodern (like victorian) can make for a strange feeling final dungeon, or you could go more esoteric and have it be inside a giant alien or untouched jungle/volcano. You could also fuse the two and go with something that feels like Phantasy Star.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is not a game mechanic and 'Game Mechanics Design' is specifically not for feedback on an individual, particular project.

You could post in Plot and Character feedback - because your story should be dictating what sort of dungeon it is, just plucking it out at random suggests that you haven't integrated your story into your design. Alternatively, perhaps you have enough material to start your game thread in Early Project Feedback.

As this is so exclusive to one game I can see no way that this can develop into a general discussion.
[mod]I am, therefore, closing it.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CGI_ERICYT