MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So when I add an actor to my party they dont appear. I know this is caused by the Party Manager because I turned it off and tried playing my game and added an actor they appeared but when I turned it back on it did

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
where shouldit appear but doesn't?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WHERE does the actor not appear?

How did you add the actor, and to which party?

you need to give details about your problem if you want a solution.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Please show us a screenshot of your System tab, one of the event where you add the actor to your party, and one of the plugin parameters.

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

WHERE does the actor not appear?

How did you add the actor, and to which party?

you need to give details about your problem if you want a solution.
The actor isnt present in the maps but they are visible in battles and the menu

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since you did not provide any of the screenshots you were asked for...in your database, on the System tab, the Options section, do you have Show Player Followers checked?

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since you did not provide any of the screenshots you were asked for...in your database, on the System tab, the Options section, do you have Show Player Followers checked?
yes

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MarceloGToonz please remove the plugin from your game, because you have absolutely no need for it.
And next time when you google for words, do not assume that the answer you get is the correct plugin, but always read what purpose that specific plugin has.

Tsukihime's Party Manager has a completely different purpose to what most people call "party manager" - it is NOT for managing the regular player party.

ALWAYS check the description of a plugin purpose, and if you don't understand what that description is talking about then you don't need that plugin.
If you (or @Shaz or @ATT_Turan ) had checked the description of the plugin, you would have known why I asked for WHICH party you added the actor.

Tsukihime's Party Manager is for creating and managing MULTIPLE parties and switching between them. So if you use its command to add an actor to a party and that actor does not appear, then you added the actor to the wrong party because only one party can be active at any given time.

And if you didn't even realise why I asked to which party you added the actor, then you don't have any need for a plugin to manage multiple parties (which is only needed for rather complex stories with switching between different parties playing in the same world)

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MarceloGToonz please remove the plugin from your game, because you have absolutely no need for it.
And next time when you google for words, do not assume that the answer you get is the correct plugin, but always read what purpose that specific plugin has.

Tsukihime's Party Manager has a completely different purpose to what most people call "party manager" - it is NOT for managing the regular player party.

ALWAYS check the description of a plugin purpose, and if you don't understand what that description is talking about then you don't need that plugin.
If you (or @Shaz or @ATT_Turan ) had checked the description of the plugin, you would have known why I asked for WHICH party you added the actor.

Tsukihime's Party Manager is for creating and managing MULTIPLE parties and switching between them. So if you use its command to add an actor to a party and that actor does not appear, then you added the actor to the wrong party because only one party can be active at any given time.

And if you didn't even realise why I asked to which party you added the actor, then you don't have any need for a plugin to manage multiple parties (which is only needed for rather complex stories with switching between different parties playing in the same world)
I do have a purpouse to download it. its required to make the party switch cutscene im making for my game.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did look at the plugin he's using, thank you very much. My post did not ignore your question to the OP, and I never said he shouldn't answer your question. I did ask him to take an additional, basic troubleshooting step.

So I will thank you to not presume I'm just posting things all willy-nilly.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does the actor show up if you call $gamePlayer.followers().refresh() after adding the new party member?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its required to make the party switch cutscene im making for my game.
you won't need the plugin for a cutscene either.
please describe (in more than one or two sentences) what exactly you want to do, then we can tell you how to do it.
And please provide screenshots of the event commands where you add the actor, as well as a screenshot of the actor menu. We need information to help, like how many actors you have and what you can see on the monitor.

So I will thank you to not presume I'm just posting things all willy-nilly.
sorry - sometimes even my patience turns short, and then I'm not taking as much care when posting as usual.

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you won't need the plugin for a cutscene either.
please describe (in more than one or two sentences) what exactly you want to do, then we can tell you how to do it.
And please provide screenshots of the event commands where you add the actor, as well as a screenshot of the actor menu. We need information to help, like how many actors you have and what you can see on the monitor.

sorry - sometimes even my patience turns short, and then I'm not taking as much care when posting as usual.
I need a plugin to make a cutscene to be able to add characters you unlocked to the party. but I need to have the first party member locked in his slot because of plot reasons. there are no free plugins I know that does this except Hime's Party Switch Scene that REQUIRES the Party Manager

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When you say "cutscene" do you mean a menu scene? Usually when someone says cutscene they mean a short narrative sequence that furthers the story.

MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say "cutscene" do you mean a menu scene? Usually when someone says cutscene they mean a short narrative sequence that furthers the s

When you say "cutscene" do you mean a menu scene? Usually when someone says cutscene they mean a short narrative sequence that furthers the story.
im not really talking about a cutscene like a plot one im talking about talking to an npc and then you can trade actors with the other party

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is like saying "I need a gold-plated ferrari to drive 10m to the next convenience store and purchase a can of soda"...
Using Tsukihime's plugins for this is definately massive overkill. This is usually done by Yanfly's Party System, but as you said unfortunately this has become a paid plugin.

I still suggest removing this plugin and find another solution, and there are two other possibilities:
1) request a simple plugin for locking a single actor to first position in the plugin request section.
2) use event commands to make sure the first actor is never removed by disabling the formation screen and giving care on the event commands to add or remove actors.

The second one is especially easy if you are willing to make it as an Inn-type map with one event for each possible additive actor. It only requires a menu scene or a plugin if you want to force the entire function into a single event.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoodieraady