I need help with the title screen

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Paramaxis, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Paramaxis

Paramaxis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ok, hi. So i'm completely new to RPG Maker VX Ace and I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how i can i change the window text box on my title screen.

So far, this is what it looks like: http://imgur.com/G0iO7ob

I'm happy with it, but for the life of me I just CANNOT figure out how I can get rid of that text bubble/outline. If you don't know what I mean, it's this thing: http://imgur.com/Wgfzunu

I've been trying for quite a while now, even with scripts but I always end up failing. So if anyone can give me some help, I'd appreciate it.

Also, as I said, I'm new here. So if i've done something wrong or posted this in the wrong place, I apologize.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can change that only by scripts, so...

I've moved this thread to Script Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's possible without scripts. In your Graphics/System material folder, you just need to edit your windowskin and remove the white box that's in the upper left part of the lower right quadrant (you'll know what I mean when you see it).

If you want to just remove the bubble in the title screen and not in the other parts of your game, there are scripts out there to change windowskins or have multiple windowskins. Try the solutions in this topic: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/17185-window-skin-change-script/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
  4. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Actually, that's the highlight part from the window.png file.

If you photoshop it out it's gone, but then you won't have any selection highlight anywhere. Unless you'd use like, two windowskins.

5. Paramaxis

First Language:
    English
    I checked my Graphics/System material folder but there's nothing there. I would be able to edit it, but I can't find it.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't check it directly - go to resource manager, export the RTP-base, edit it and reimport it.

RTP resources are not in the project folder, only imported resources are - and you shouldn't edit the RTP-Base, because that would change them for all and every game.

7. Paramaxis

First Language:
    English
    Oh ok thanks, I found it. Is it possible to make the window box smaller? You know, the bubble? And not actually get rid of it as a whole.  

Because I want the bubble to fit the text, and not just have that big area with no text in it. Either that, or to center the text in the window.

Edit: I figured it all out, thanks everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015