svenska_ghost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i've been trying to use this script but i'm having problems with it, i'm trying to use \n[x] but it isn't working, the character's name box wasn't showing

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Thank you.

Please post a link to the script and show how you've set it up.

svenska_ghost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[move]RGSSx Script Support[/move]

Please post a link to the script and show how you've set it up.
sorry if this looks dumb, i'm new to rpg vx ace especially when it comes to scripts

1664400369209.png
1664400386756.png

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
sorry if this looks dumb, i'm new to rpg vx ace especially when it comes to scripts
That's not a script. You should read some tutorials. I have a link in my signature block below this message.

What you are showing is part of the default program. the example provided is how you would add the character name.
The only part you did wrong with this is trying in a name. You are supposed to use the actor index number from the actor tab in the database.
\N[1] = ERIC
If you want to type in a name then you need a script added in such as Yanfly's Ace Message System.
\n<Eric>

svenska_ghost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's not a script. You should read some tutorials. I have a link in my signature block below this message.

What you are showing is part of the default program. the example provided is how you would add the character name.
The only part you did wrong with this is trying in a name. You are supposed to use the actor index number from the actor tab in the database.
\N[1] = ERIC
If you want to type ina name then you need a script added in such as Yanfly's Ace Message System.
\n<Eric>
aaah, i see. i do have the script, but it's not working for me.
1664421678568.png
i want this but it's not working.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i see. i do have the script, but it's not working for me.
Then there is something you have done wrong or there is a script conflict.

I think I may see the problem.
Your profile says you use MZ. Are you using VX Ace? You have posted in the RGSSx script support forum, not MZ plugin support forum.

The image you posted looks like it's the VX Ace script, which will never work on MZ.
XP, VX, VX Ace use Ruby language (RGSS)
MV, MZ use Javascript language

If you want yanfly's message script for MZ it's a part of the VisuStella package.

EntangledPear

Previously No Patience (now patient enough)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you want text in the name box (in the screenshot, "Message Man") you need to type in \n<text> (not [text]) at the end of the message itself. Like "This is a test. \n<Name>"

svenska_ghost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Then there is something you have done wrong or there is a script conflict.

I think I may see the problem.
Your profile says you use MZ. Are you using VX Ace? You have posted in the RGSSx script support forum, not MZ plugin support forum.

The image you posted looks like it's the VX Ace script, which will never work on MZ.
XP, VX, VX Ace use Ruby language (RGSS)
MV, MZ use Javascript language

If you want yanfly's message script for MZ it's a part of the VisuStella package.
i'm not trying to use it in mz, i'm using it on vx ace

svenska_ghost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you want text in the name box (in the screenshot, "Message Man") you need to type in \n<text> (not [text]) at the end of the message itself. Like "This is a test. \n<Name>"
i've tried doing that but the text box won't show when i play test the game

EntangledPear

Previously No Patience (now patient enough)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's strange, I have the same script and it works for me. Maybe there is another script that conflicts with it? Have you tried a new project with just this script?

svenska_ghost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's strange, I have the same script and it works for me. Maybe there is another script that conflicts with it? Have you tried a new project with just this script?
i tried it on a new project and it never worked

edit: ever since this rpg maker hasn't been showing off text boxes no matter what i do, i think this script broke my program lmao

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i tried it on a new project and it never worked
Then you are 100% using it wrong.
Where do you have the script installed in the script editor?
1664452884259.png
1664452896107.png

Wait are you trying to get the actor name up without typing the name. I see, yes it's just a matter of combining the two options

1664453138718.png
1664453148914.png

Last edited:

svenska_ghost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

KDS
Hey guys! Iam currently updating my free digital art shop , let me know if you need anything done :) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kds-free-open-digital-art-shop.17097/
Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edujandro