BeanCanDev

Can of Beans
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So for my game, I’m not sure how many characters I’ll have, maybe between 10-12 at most as the end goal. I’m currently going for 5-6 to start with at this stage. I just need some ideas to get my brain started.
Here are the classes I need character ideas for:

Black Mage
White Mage
Thief
Martial Artist

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Changed title to be more clear.

Last edited:

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sure, I love sharing. Would you like this to take place in a private message so that we can discuss ideas without spoilers, because we will need to address things like what the kind of mood yer going for.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Think about what the characters' personal objectives are, and what they're willing to do to achieve their objectives. Make the objectives tangible and specific, like finding the person who killed their lover, or finding a treasure that they heard stories about as a child. Afterwards, think about how the characters' objectives bring them to the same place, and bring them together as a group.

HankB

Actual size
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes it's good to inspire yourself with random crap. Here are 12 basic prototype characters:

1. preacher
  2. nerd
  3. con artist
  4. sheriff
  5. doctor
  6. town drunk
  7. killer
  8. comedian
  9. soothsayer
  10. whore
  11. soldier
  12. scholar

And here are 12 basic personality traits:

1. generous to a fault
  2. extremely condescending
  3. insecure, but trying
  4. has a dark past
  5. bubbly, never shuts up
  6. takes nothing seriously
  7. has a creepy vibe
  8. needs to be accepted
  9. loner, prefers solitude
  10. good parent, nurturing
  11. has a short fuse
  12. drama queen
I feel like you could randomly mix-n-match these and come up with all kinds of characters. It gets interesting when you get combinations you don't immediately expect. For example, 5/7, or 10/10.

Just a jumping off point.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
I wanna get back into showing off Battlers and other assets I create again. But i'm always haunted by the "It's not good/realistic enough" voices that keep me from doing so.

Maybe I should get back to it, I did enjoy showing off whatever I came up with!
Big Google Warning Today for chrome users - apparently some kind of security threat has happened and everyone is being advised to update their Chrome browser ASAP by going to settings and/or "About Google Chrome", to update their browser version to a new one just released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skull8