Not open for further replies.

jamespizz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While making my game's intro I wanted to have the characters animated, I have the sprites already fleshed out looking up, shaking
head side to side and laughing. (I'm using Time Fantasy pack from finalbossblues) For reference, I have the player character look up at the sky after the camera pans upward to reveal him, another character comes rushing up to him, the player character returns to it's default graphic set and turns to face the other character. After more dialogue the other character makes a joke and does his laughing animation.

My issue is no matter how many tutorials I look for, I can't find anything on making on map sprites animate correctly. By correctly I mean for instance like above, the character looks up at the sky. Or the other character laughing. I've tried the Set Move Route with the turn down, turn right stuff like the chest, but it won't work properly and for some reason the transition between the different sprite sheets is very noticeable. I am using Yanfly's Move Route plugin, which I use the pattern lock inside the plugin but still for some reason won't correctly animate. I just really want to go the extra mile and have animated characters on screen that give the scenes life. I even tried GALV's but got some plugin conflictions between Yanfly and GALV's stuff.

I really hope my fellow RPG Maker's out there have a solution that would work and help me get past this block on my road to creating my game. Thank you, Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think this is likely to be a combination of using sprites with more than 3 frames of animation and a plugin which allows you to use that sort of sprite, in which case this needs to be in JS Plugin Requests. However, I'll leave this thread here for the time being in case anyone comes up with a different solution.

jamespizz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you but I think I have found a resolution, I am learning coding on the side and with the GALV Move Route plugin, I ended up using the wrong script term and it clashed with two of my other plugins installed, after research I have come to find out its a scripting error and have resolved the issue so to speak. :) I thank you so much for even taking the time to reply to me!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For the future, when your query is resolved, please Report your opening post and ask for the thread to be closed. Mods might not see an individual post but will see a Report.

Thanks.
[closed]IgnoreMe[/closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you're an artist of illustrations, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of writing, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of programming, you're doing fine.
But if you are all three above (and more) you cannot allow any distractions in your life.
After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
Place Events Like Tiles Through Replacement, & Take Notes Free Form | RPG Maker News #41

the singularity is upon us:
1621133810311.png
MV's plugin command setup is the current bane of RETRO's existence. To a degree, so is MZ's. Especially when trying to make MV's plugin command interface play nice with MZ plugin commands with complex arguments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nlove77