MarceloGToonz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright so I need to find a way to make a Actor Switching System so basically this is how the one im using
currently works. So you go to the room where all the characters that you unlocked are located at. So you go there and you interact with one of them then a list appears with all the characters in the game. and you choose one in your party and then the character you replaced the new one with will replace the new member of the party.

but How am I supposed to make cutscenes without the players breaking the game and messing with the variables of the actors? this is what I need help with or if you know any help me find a new actor switching system. also I dont want Actor 1 to be switched

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello & Welcome!

How many actors will be able to join the group?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what you describe can easily be done with eventing alone.

one possible way is to have an "inn"-map where all other party members wait for the player to talk to them.
for each possible actor you'll need one event pretending to be that actor, with one switch "available" per actor and three event pages, "not yet found" (no condition), "waiting to be invited" (switch condition) and "already in party" (actor condition).

then each page contains the commands to add or remove the actor with show choice.
it might be a bit of work in case you have a lot of actors, but no problem.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there MarceloGToons!

It's easy to do with variables, conditional branches and switches. Just like Andar said just above.

You basically will store the Actor's ID in a variable, check with a conditional branch and use switches to show/hide the event of said character in the map.

Last edited:

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I saw such a system in an Rm2k game, but I don't remember the title, probably based on the Chrono Trigger.
It worked in a very simple way, instead of using switches or variables, it only used the condition "Actor in the group".

Page 1, Conditions: none, Event -> Add "Actor A"
The character will not be added to the group if he already has 4 actors.
Then just place a "conditional branch" that confirms that the character is not in the group to make a sound or visual effect saying that he cannot add.

Page 2, Conditions: Actor -> "Actor A", Event -> Remove "Actor A"

Good luck, I hope it was clear, because my English is a little bad.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In addition to the answers above, you may be interested by Yanfly's Party System. It does exactly what you're describing, with the ability to lock certain actors or certain party slots, and provides a graphical interface.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Figured I would start posting what I am working on here. Anyways, a quest system plugin I have been working on:
20mgjmZ.png

What features would yall like to see in a quest system?
Playing my game to improve my game. (Totally not procrastinating)
Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:
It's a common thing to forget eating &drinking while you are working concentrated, right?
If I had discovered RPG-Maker before moving together with my girlfriend, I'd have died of dehydration a long time ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flavastida