I Need Suggestion About This concept game Idea.

Neptrone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello this is still on my mind or concept idea.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

i want to make a game which has Makemon art style (including CG art/standing art and the sprite) as you can see the image above and below.
- the map is isometric view
- the sprite has 8 directional turn around
- Live2d Standing Art
- 1920x1080 resolution
- semi-open world. (i want to make town look lively) (perhaps adding lot of npc interaction and activities).
- and for gameplay part i would like fast pacing ARPG with simple mechanics. for the example like this game

-perhaps adding random dungeon generator, random quest generator, weather system (?)
- there are a lot of special effect in the game.

So is it feasible for RPG MZ ? are there any plugin which can help my project ?

Thanks !!

Attachments

• image_2021-04-30_135515.png
    image_2021-04-30_135515.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
At the moment I know only one Ingame Dungeon Generator for MZ - which is mine :D Link in my Signature.

Anyway, you talked about how your game should look like, but not yet how it is going to be played. So will it be a classical Story JRPG? Or a Rogue-like / Dungeon Crawler with a simple plot?

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Most of this is doable, but "open world with lots of events and effects" can actually go into the territory of optimization problems which cause lag for players even on mid-and-up machines.

I've seen a plug for Live2D for RPG Maker MV, but not sure about MZedd, however there's an ongoing plugin that helps convert MV plugins to MZedd plugins so you may try that (I think it's called FOSSIL).

The rest is already doable or has existing plugs to make it doable.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for ABS, either KageDesu AlphaABS or MOGHunters, but not sure if chronoEngine
was ported over though.

but overworld with alot of events is doable, alot in parallel can cause lags
if used intensive, I betatest a evented abs, but there is 1 town with lots of parallels
events for alot of checks, and can lag like crazy.

plugins can take most away, but sometimes, javascript is still required for
some functions to work properly :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katchelina