Mparagames

Amateur developer trying to be awesome
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BRA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Basically, I want help in two different functionalities I want to add. I am a beginner in programming and don't know too much, as Ruby is my first experience in the area.
For first, I would like to add an option in the options menu so I could allow the player to change a game variable's value by five possibilities, from 0 to 4 , 0 being the default choice. This would work just like already avaliable switch control option, however with a variable instead of a switch, and 5 choices instead of just two. Everything I previously tried hasn't worked at all, so I need help.

For second, I would like to add some support to the Vlue's basic mouse system script that I am using. Of course, I would prefer that the options menu was completely controllable by the mouse, but I'm fine with just the possibility of closing that menu through a right click. The point is that I'm making the game in such a way so the player can either enjoy the game just using a mouse and no keyboard, or use the mouse it along with the keyboard to enhance the experience. By the way everything is programmed now, if the player has no keyboard connected to the computer and manages to enter the options menu, the game would be unplayable until it's reloaded again, causing loss of unsaved progress which is NOT good.

Thanks!

Ebanyle

what
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Holy87's Setting Menu has multiple switches option.
As for the mouse issue, you could try and search for other mouse scripts. There are plenty.

Mparagames

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BRA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Well, I've already finished that game that I was making and although I didn't quite solve the issue in the first question, I managed to implement the feature I desired, which was to enable the player to change the value of a specific variable at any time when not battling using the mouse buttons functionality on that same Vlue Basic Menu script.

I sucessfully solved my second issue by putting the Vlue's mouse system script ABOVE the the Vlue's basic options menu script, and voilà! It worked perfectly, exactly in the way I wanted, giving me full mouse support over the options menu.

Thanks for the help, anyway. As my problem is already solved; how can I manage to close the thread?

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
... if the player has no keyboard connected to the computer ...
Than the computer wouldn't even boot up. :D
Sorry, just found it a bit funny. :p
No PC can boot up without a keyboard connected.

Mparagames

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BRA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No PC can boot up without a keyboard connected.

I didn't know that LOL. However you can still keep the PC running after disconnecting the keyboard,
or, according to what I have found online, you can change these settings in the BIOS settings so the PC can
boot w/o keyboard after booting with it once.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

uOy9Wjc.png

Something something.
Dev be like: "I'll make the character goes amnesia so I could explain the world and the lore better and immersive to the players"
Whoever decided that the 5th area of Xenoblade 3 had to be THAT big and be explored in the manner it does needs to be shot. My OCD cannot leave a tiny shard of the map hidden and those controls can go right on and f*** themselves. -.-

/rant off
Raggon wrote on NoPatience's profile.
:kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renice