I need the MV Generator Default Files

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by LUKElcs, Aug 22, 2018.

1. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

United States, Michigan, some place in Michigan
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't need instruction on how to use them, I just need the files themselves.
    I'm not going to bother going into why and all that, but if someone could just copy their
    MV generator folder and put a download to the file in the comments or something that's
    really all I need. Thanks in advance. (I'll probably say thanks again anyways though:LZSproud:)

2. lordosthyvel

lordosthyvel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure posting something like that on these forums would not be allowed.

3. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you messed up your generator parts, you can uninstall and reinstall the program.

4. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Yup, as Aloe says the only thing you can do is uninstall and reinstall. Make sure you have a back-up of your project before you do so.
    In the future whenever you're planning on adding to the generator, it's best to make a back-up of the default generator, so you won't have to reinstall each time you make a mistake.

5. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, backing up files sounds like a good idea, I'll definitely do that (wish I'd thought of that before I did this). say, how exactly would I go about backing up a project though? I'm afraid that I don't know how to do.

6. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I guess I can try that. Just wish I didn't have to. Oh well, live and learn, right? ;)

7. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    no correction, just agreeing. your not really supposed to do that I don't think. I mean, if it's to people who both own a legal copy of RPG Maker MV, them I guess it'd be ok, but other people might be able to get it as well, people who don't own it... who want it... for... whatever reason...
    Come to think of it, I can't think of any good use for MV generator parts outside of the MV generator... so... Why can't you again?
    Whatever, everyone just says "re-install" so I guess that's my only option anyways. Oh well. :LZSwink:

8. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oh crap, wrong 2. I said to w
    hen I should've said two, or 2. DARN!!! (Like anyone actually cares, lol)

9. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

@LUKElcs , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something, please just edit your post. You can use the '+Quote' button in the lower right of a post to quote multiple people.

10. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, well.. you see I misunderstood the ability to add tags to your post afterwards, and re-posted it with tags. I know your not supposed to double post, but it was my first post and I didn't fully understand how everything worked yet. sorry.

11. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @LUKElcs I think you misunderstood - doubleposting on this board is adding another post if your own post is the last one. So in reality, you quadruple-posted above because you had four posts directly under each other.

12. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oh, ok. I did misunderstand then. thanks. lol :LZSwink:

13. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    but what if I just wanna respond to all my comments, then?
    (yes, I know technically this is a double post, kind of the point though, right?)

14. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @LUKElcs Please do not double post, as I have already told you it's against the rules. If you quote multiple people in a post, they will all get the notification so they'll know you replied, you don't have to make each one a separate post.

15. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that is why hiddenone referred you to the multiquote butten right next to the reply button.
    and if you want to add something to your post, you edit it with the edit button.

16. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oh, ok. thanks.

17. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @LUKElcs as you've been told all you have to do is hit + Quote button on the left next to reply next to the right of every post, if you want to quote multiple people just quote more than one and then in the white box where you insert your message click "Insert Quotes" button on the left. I usually do this when quoting people, except I usually also edit the quote and change it to "..." so the person knows I've replied to them but doesn't take up as much space in the posting, but you can do either so long you quote.

To answer your other question that may have got lost in there, to backup a project just open it up in the engine by clicking "Game" "Open Folder". Then in the folder, go back one or two folders and copy that entire folder. With the game, if using MV you'll have the www folder too, everything no matter what version of RPG Maker your using, copy it all. The game, the data folders, graphic folders, everything. So long as you go back a folder or two you should be able to do this easily.

Save it somewhere safe, in another folder or on the desktop, and then once you delete and reinstall the RPG Maker you should be able to click in the engine File > Open Project and select the folder that you saved, just make sure you remember where you saved it.

You can then of course move the folder somewhere else or back in the default location which on Windows by default would be Documents > Games, or Documents > RMVXAce , Documents > RMXP, something like that.

Hope that solves your problem and helps.

18. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    But really, there is no need to quote people most of the time. If you want to address someone specific is to type @ followed by their username. For example, @LUKElcs

atoms likes this.
  19. LUKElcs

LUKElcs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thanks @atoms and @mlogan . I really apreciate the help, I'm not very familer with forums of any kind
    so the advice/support is greatly appreciated. keep supporting! :thumbsup-left:

mlogan and atoms like this.