Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCharmanpk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't be fooled by the Topic Title, I am making a small level as my first project and I want to make it so the Character starts out and walks up to this Shady guy and he offers him a Job to deliver to his 'Friend'. If you accept it, I want him to give the Player a Custom Item called 'Obvious Drugs'. How would I make this happen? I would also like to know how I can make the 2d art, if anyone has any designs, that would be pretty cool! Don't worry all you drug haters, this is just for a comedic type of adventure. I might also have more questions in the Future.

Thanks! -TheCharmanpk

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was fooled by the topic title.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This could really use a better title... Please always use meaningful ones so that people would know what the thread is about before even clicking it...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. Makes my 'flag as spammer' finger itchy. A humorous title is sometimes nice to have, but that one really doesn't suit.

What you are asking is incredibly basic stuff. You don't know how to set up an item or give the player/party an item? Time to hit the tutorials and help file.

Heretic86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
Why use Drugs at all?

Why not make him a Black Market POTION Dealer?  Cheaper, but more dangerous.  Alternatively, all Potions are outlawed except for Potions manufactured by Brand X or something, at least in one town / city / kingdom?  Another alternative would be a Legal Drug like Penicillin.  It is legal today, but when it was first discovered, some testing was done on it to make sure it was safe for human consumption.  It would depend on the style of city where something "not approved" is "illegal" even if the effects of said Illegal Drug, like Penicillin are not only good, but life saving.  Or just say screw it and say Pot / Weed / Marijuana / Mary Jane.  Its your game, and one of these will probably hit the mark.

Interesting Fact: When Congress was in the early stages of Prohibition, they outlawed other drugs too.  One of which was Pot.  People of the day knew what Marijuana was, but did not know Cannabais, which is technically just another name of pot, hence, pot became illegal.  But there was a big problem by making all Canabanoids illegal and that was of the numerous purposes for which Hemp was used.  Navy Ships could no longer use Hemp Ropes to dock their boats, clothing, paper, fuel, and everything that did not include the intoxicating properties.  Thus, Congress of the day screwed up royally and made Pot illegal by accident.  And weve suffered the injustices of the War on Drugs ever since.

Oh, if someone ever offers you Strawberry Quik, run like hell.  Devil's Breath?  Stay away.  Bath Salts?  Only if you want to pop your brain and turn into a literal flesh eating zombie!  Dont smoke it, dont snort it, dont get caught with it.  These drugs by themselves will ruin you permanently, like comatose permanently, vegetable permanently.  I cant keep up with the street names of the new crap that gets cooked up every day, and what is getting cooked up is usually legal until it is made illegal, on a case by case basis.

Hopefully this post doesnt violate any forum guidelines, its just information about the dangerousness and brief history of drugs.  If Aspirin were discovered today, it also would most likely be made illegal as most other drugs are, but this is mostly due to aspirin causing stomach bleeding.  Not all illegal drugs are intended for intoxication, so just wanna point that out.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've heard if it were discovered today, COFFEE would be illegal because it has definite mind altering properties --- after all, one of the odd things caffeine does is stimulate the same receptors in the brain that work for cocaine.  And it also "hacks" the brain to ignore the body's fatigue signals.

I do agree that the OP really should change the topic's title.

If I wanted to do that idea, I would make ALL Healing and maybe Revival potions illegal,  Why?  The latter goes against in-universe Church teachings (i.e. playing God), the former, well, maybe it has to do in-universe with how Healing potions are created.  What if Healing potions literally were the life force from other people?  So dark necromatic magic was the only way to make them --- and it permanently weakened and aged the source for the life force.

Or maybe Revival potions require killing another person in a certain ritual.  Death's books must be balanced, after all.

These would play great in a horror based RPG.

weynhuns

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why use Drugs at all?

Why not make him a Black Market POTION Dealer? Cheaper, but more dangerous. Alternatively, all Potions are outlawed except for Potions manufactured by Brand X or something, at least in one town / city / kingdom? Another alternative would be a Legal Drug like Penicillin. It is legal today, but when it was first discovered, some testing was done on it to make sure it was safe for human consumption. It would depend on the style of city where something "not approved" is "illegal" even if the effects of said Illegal Drug, like Penicillin are not only good, but life saving. Or just say screw it and say Pot / Weed / Marijuana / Mary Jane. Its your game, and one of these will probably hit the mark.

Interesting Fact: When Congress was in the early stages of Prohibition, they outlawed other drugs too. One of which was Pot. People of the day knew what Marijuana was, but did not know Cannabais, which is technically just another name of pot, hence, pot became illegal. But there was a big problem by making all Canabanoids illegal and that was of the numerous purposes for which Hemp was used. Navy Ships could no longer use Hemp Ropes to dock their boats, clothing, paper, fuel, and everything that did not include the intoxicating properties. Thus, Congress of the day screwed up royally and made Pot illegal by accident. And weve suffered the injustices of the War on Drugs ever since.

Oh, if someone ever offers you Strawberry Quik, run like hell. Devil's Breath? Stay away. Bath Salts? Only if you want to pop your brain and turn into a literal flesh eating zombie! Dont smoke it, dont snort it, dont get caught with it. These drugs by themselves will ruin you permanently, like comatose permanently, vegetable permanently. I cant keep up with the street names of the new crap that gets cooked up every day, and what is getting cooked up is usually legal until it is made illegal, on a case by case basis.

Hopefully this post doesnt violate any forum guidelines, its just information about the dangerousness and brief history of drugs. If Aspirin were discovered today, it also would most likely be made illegal as most other drugs are, but this is mostly due to aspirin causing stomach bleeding. Not all illegal drugs are intended for intoxication, so just wanna point that out.
Wow, you definitely need to come up with game plots because that sounds cool. Have you ever thought about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qingz