i need to make it so the player has to wait two days for something to happen, but i don't know how.

Two_Stubz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the title sort of speaks for itself. but if i have to explain then i would say it's something like. my player has asked a blacksmith to make a weapon for them, but instead of getting the weapon right away, the player has to wait two days for the sword to be done.
does anyone have any info that might come in handy?
thanks.
EDIT: yes i have an evented time system, but i need the actual blacksmith wait seperate from the time system so the player can't sleep before the blacksmith wait and instantly get the weapon.1586118768621.png
this is the time system i use, pretty basic.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the default engine has no time system. So you need to implement a time system (either through eventing or through a plugin), and only after that you can add something like that to the blacksmith.

how to add that would depend on how the time system functions, so that question can't be answered until we know how you implemented time.

Two_Stubz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the default engine has no time system. So you need to implement a time system (either through eventing or through a plugin), and only after that you can add something like that to the blacksmith.

how to add that would depend on how the time system functions, so that question can't be answered until we know how you implemented time.
i just updated the post with some additional info.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your edit on the first post is rather strange - if you made a time system correctly that would not matter as you would only have to compare whatever variable you use for hour or day counting.

Please show us screenshots of your time system, then we can tell you what to do with it to make the blacksmith work.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be as simple as setting a variable to the value of your days variable before hand, and then checking with a conditional branch whether the days variable is greater than that variable + 2.

You should be aware though that frames are not a measure of time because all PCs render things differently - if your antivirus is running or your computer is slow, or indeed if you have a lot of events in a map, the frame rate can lower significantly, which means people with slow PCs will have to wait longer than people with normal ones. But that's a different topic.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your blacksmith event needs to set another variable, called "work finished" (or two variables if you care about the hour).
this variable is first set to current day and then you add two to it. After that you switch to another page with a self-switch.

that new page checks if current day is equal or higher than the work finished day - if yes your player will get the work, if not it'll show text "come back later"

Two_Stubz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your blacksmith event needs to set another variable, called "work finished" (or two variables if you care about the hour).
this variable is first set to current day and then you add two to it. After that you switch to another page with a self-switch.

that new page checks if current day is equal or higher than the work finished day - if yes your player will get the work, if not it'll show text "come back later"
thank you so much

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candutekno