Not open for further replies.

Jade010

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi! I'm making a My Little Pony Fanbased game and would like it to have a custom menu screen for when the player pauses the game. I need it to be almost fully customizable. For example: the menu locations for the base menu (when the first press pause) to allow me to edit that background, the locations of the secondary menu's (like the status menu, item menu, etc.) The font used, whether or not there is a border or if the back is transparent or not, and the color and icons used for the links to the secondary windows and what music is played.
As for the secondary windows themselves, I'll make a list.
For the status window I need to be able to edit the same things as the previous menu I mentioned as well as the stats location on the screen, (like atk, def, health, etc.) The icon used for each stat, which stats will be displayed. (Like of I want HIT to be shown and others) as well as a info on that characters skill types and skills they have as well as what music is played.
I'd need to be able to edit the item menu the same way (font, color, background, if it's transparent, music played, the location of the item catagories etc.)
I'll need the same things for the skills menu, equipment menu, load menu, and options to add at least 3 other menu's by using a plugin command.
I would prefer to be able to use it with visustella's quest system plugin (sorry I don't really know how to do the links to her site. It's at Yanfly.moe) as well as visustella's options core and party system.
I'm not too familiar with how the picture thing works on this site (I spend a lot of time working on the game but if this is picked up, I'll check here every day or two.) I put the reference picture on what I'm looking to be able to do in the attached files. The pictures are from Rikifive, a person that was working on a mlp game back in 2015. Rikifive is the inspiration behind this but they've been offline for a year.
If you can make this plugin, please let me know.

Attachments

• 2a9Jvo2.png
    2a9Jvo2.png
    306.4 KB · Views: 12
  • UtVVv4u.png
    UtVVv4u.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 12
  • fcQ7PEY.png
    fcQ7PEY.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 8pKZOtI.png
    8pKZOtI.png
    236.8 KB · Views: 12

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm too busy to offer my services here but I will warn you earnestly to be very careful with copyright/trademark issues with this.

Jade010

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know. I'm not gonna make any money off of it. It's non profit.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know. I'm not gonna make any money off of it. It's non profit.
Making money off of it or not isn't what makes it a copyright/trademark violation. Fighting is Magic was going to be free as well.

Jade010

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see. I'll just have to do my best to not anger Hasbro. I know it can be done.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can probably event this for you, but it'll take a while and I might have to use the trial version of MZ as I don't have the full thing. For all that you're asking, this might be easier than a plugin. I can also make the GUI for you, and send you the PSD files so you can edit.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I kinda thought MLP was fan-game friendly, but a quick google search teaches me that hasbro indeed come after fan games. Probably not as much as Nintendo, though. :p

Kind of makes sense... There is a lot of adult themed MLP stuff out there, which is never good for a brand that targets children.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

Unfortunately, is very unlikely that someone whould do this for free.
It is a lot of work.

Maybe you can have a better chance if you put it into the classifieds request and offer a budget or ask how much it will cost.

If you do this, try to elaborate better the text.

Like, you give a lot of details, but almost in a plain text.
Use more break lines, topics, bold letters etc.
So it can be more organized for people understand and want to read.

But if you want a free option, you can try the SRD Ultra HUD Maker, and event your own menu.

Jade010

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If it can be evented, that would be amazing. as far as if it would cost, im ok with that but i want to try to event it first. only thing is i have no idea how to event the status and item menu info.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I kinda thought MLP was fan-game friendly, but a quick google search teaches me that hasbro indeed come after fan games. Probably not as much as Nintendo, though. :p

Kind of makes sense... There is a lot of adult themed MLP stuff out there, which is never good for a brand that targets children.
The problem with being fangame-friendly with trademarked characters is that it dilutes the trademark and companies can (and have) lost their trademarks that way. It's not that Lauren Faust is opposed to stuff like this, but companies do have to protect their IPs. (Lauren actually did some of the art for Them's Fightin' Herds, which is what Fighting is Magic became after they removed all the MLP content from it, so clearly she's not draconian about it either)

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
only thing is i have no idea how to event the status and item menu info.
I've done that before, actually, so I can give you some guidance. Like I said, I can event the whole thing for you if you're on board, or I can coach you from the sidelines, which may be more helpful for your eventing skill in the future.

Jade010

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yeah id prefer coaching

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think I'd prefer that too, LOL. When you get to a tricky spot, just DM me and I'll provide you some tips.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
only thing is i have no idea how to event the status and item menu info.
There was a recent blog post on the main site that's a tutorial on how to event a menu. If you can do the artwork, that describes pretty well how to do the setup in-game.
Unfortunately, is very unlikely that someone whould do this for free.
It is a lot of work.
This +1.
Use more break lines, topics, bold letters etc.
This +1 - not so much bold letters, but definitely some actual paragraph spaces. It's work to make it through your post without skimming.
But if you want a free option, you can try the SRD Ultra HUD Maker, and event your own menu.
This +1. Various parts of your post do come across rather like you haven't looked into available options very much before asking for someone to do a lot of work for you.
Making money off of it or not isn't what makes it a copyright/trademark violation.
And this is true. You should be aware of very basic copyright regulations. Using someone else's IP (and duplicating their character art for it) is a legal violation unless you have their written permission for it.

I don't think you'll get anyone here telling you to stop working on your project, but our concern is for someone spending however many hours you might spend working on your game just to get a cease and desist and waste that much of your life. That sucks and feels bad.

Jade010

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
no exactly. even if I cant release the game online, I can still release it to my friends.

Jade010

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright. I have everything the way I need it to be. Sorry for the silence and thank you for helping me.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just got all of my wisdom teeth out today, thankfully I have the rest of the week off.
Man I am learning I am bad at naming armor lmao.
The game's opening, now fully polished! :LZScheeze:

Aaand, here's me working on it in today's "Game Making Every Day" video! :LZSooo:

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MinitelRouge