Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Other
Where can I find him?

If not him, who's else is in charge of developing patches for RM2k3 that could help me with Steam Achievements implementation?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No one is 'in charge' of developing patches to help with Steam Achievements. For Ace and MV people have commissioned script and plugin writers to help with the whole Steam thing. It's not Degica's responsibility.

Just a thought - maybe you could contact the developer of Ara Fell and ask if he would give you the name of the person who helped him with his Steam implementation?

EDIT
I've just noticed where this is. It seems to me that this is too "on-topic" for 'General Lounge'.

Moving this to Commercial RPGMaker Discussion

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Other
o one is 'in charge' of developing patches to help with Steam Achievements.
I know that there's nobody in charge of making patches for Steam Achievements.

What occurred to me is, the person that is on charge of RPG Maker 2003 patches and know how to implement then in the engine can shed a light on how I can do this.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's no one in charge of 2K3 patches.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Other
There's no one in charge of 2K3 patches.
I see... I remember seeing Cherry giving support for 2k3 on Steam forums. If there's nobody else doing this anymore, nevermind then... :|

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He probably was, in the same way that anyone here gives support to any of the engines.

And I assume by "patches" you mean scripts, which, you might possibly be able to find someone who could code for it, but it would be difficult.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Other
And I assume by "patches" you mean scripts
RM2k3 don't use scripts like newer versions, it uses .dlls. And by far I know, the EULA allows the modification of .dlls (which we usually call in programming as patches).

Since Cherry was the main responsible to many patches and bugfixes of the official version (by what I've seen in forums, etc), I really wanted to find him to ask him some things, if possible.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not go to the forums where he's been active, or on steam, and contact him there? Is he even ON this forum?

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Other
Why not go to the forums where he's been active, or on steam, and contact him there? Is he even ON this forum?
I'm trying both. I also added him on Steam, but had no answer yet.

Cherry

RM2k(3) Developer (English Version)
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I think in the meantime we talked, but in case someone finds this later on: The contact is cherry[insert @ here]cherrytree.at
(Oh, and, I never accept Steam friendship requests until I really recognize the person. Every man and his dog was adding me.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Cherry I hope you don't mind, but I have edited your email address slightly. This site, like many others, is deep trawled by bots looking for email addresses, and you would have been swamped with spam, trojans, phishing and general malware. I changed your @ to [insert @ here]. Your link still works.

If you want to revert it to your original, just Edit your post and retype it normally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaberRoy