Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have searched and read many things, seen many pictures, but none of it is fully helpful. The reason being there are differences to almost every graphic that is using Kaduki as the animation style.

Here http://www.rpgmakerc...nimated-battle/

is some information for example, but still does not give enough explanation. Perhaps its because I have seen so much difference that it has now made me confused.

I've been using this graphic for testing (not sure if I'm allowed to use it) http://rmrk.net/inde...p?topic=42983.0, It does not have other pictures to go with it for kaduki style animation. 

When I put my settings to     '$Dragon_Boss'  => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: true, invert: false, mode: :charset, action: :default}, the dragon faces me when I select him to attack, faces away when killed and scrolls through row 2 up through 1 when collapsing (Victor Sant - Custom Collapse). I have side view battle with Victor Sant Animated Battlers.

When I put my settings to  '$Dragon_Boss'  => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: false, invert: false, mode: :charset, action: :charset}, the dragon faces me when I select him to attack, falls on his side when dead and scrolls through frames 1 to 3 on row 4 for the collapse.

When I put my settings to '$Dragon_Boss'  => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: false, invert: false, mode: :charset, action: :kaduki}, the dragon faces me the entire time, moves left when I hit him then right, faces away when killed and scrolls through rows 2 to 1 when collapsing.

I would attach a picture, but this site doesn't allow adding pictures to the posts it seems. Any suggestion on where I can put a picture online to link it? Then I can show the scroll through 2 to 1 thing.

So the question is any suggestions to what is happening here?

Also what I do not understand is $hero1 is rows 1-4. Row 1 face down, row 2 face left, row 3 face right, row 4 face up. What are the other rows ($hero1_2, $hero1_3) suppose to be for? Now don't just say battle animation, cause that would imply I can put whatever image I want on any row I want and it will work.

This is all very simple when using sprite sheets that have characters in the 32 x 32 size.Although I haven't tested the small characters with kaduki settings, the (mode: :charset, action: :default) settings are what I want for them.

Also what are the frames 4 by rows 4 sprite sheets used for? http://www.gdunlimit...dragon-sprites/

Thanks for reading

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support . Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support . Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I really didn't think this was for script support. I categorized it as game tutorial. I wasn't asking for help in what settings to use, instead I was wanting to get help in understanding Kaduki so that I could figure out what settings I have to use.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The reason it is script support is it is support for a script someone else made (in this case, the Kaduki style so it works with those scripts). Game tutorial is only for tutorials you have made (which this is not).

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, at OP's request. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D
Hi there! Do you actively use your Itch.io account? How do you use it?
When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexvg13