I opened my program today and this happened (RPGmakerMV)

kalfax

The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using the yanfly doodads plugin, and havent had any issues with it before, but there was a new update to rpg maker mv i think? or something. so now i get this error when trying to playtest my game: please help.upload_2018-2-21_10-49-9.png

Last edited:

kalfax

The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked turning off the plugins, but i'd love to use them... im trying to reinstall the plugin now from scratch. its weird tho, this happened overnight and worked fine yesterday. another weird issue i noticed was that right clicking an event and trying to playtest that one event brought me to the main menu screen for some weird reason o.o
EDIT: Sorry for double posting.
EDIT: replacing the files with new ones did not work either.
EDIT: it happened after the new rpg maker version. 1.6.0
EDIT: i also did update my iconset, tho not sure if that matters. i just added 4 new icons to it.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Plugin Releases' is where people who have written completed plugins and want to share them can post them.
[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

If you want to, you can go back to 1.5.1 version. There is a link on the post announcing the release of 1.6
My guess is that some plugins will have to be updated (though of course I could be wrong). Yanfly is usually pretty quick about doing this.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@kalfax doodads does currently not work with 1.6, you're not the only one having that issue. I guess you're using steam'
s RMMV version? Go to the settings, under beta you can switch back to 1.5.1 (or an older build).

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have just seen that there is a temporary fix until Yanfly does an official update to the doodads plugin in this post.

kalfax

The aspiring one.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I went back to the older build but all the doodads and such had been deleted, so i have to redo some parts of maps, but at least it works again :) i'll just not update my version from now on.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you have a project in progress and your plug-ins work and you are happy with the current set up, it is usually a bad idea to update it, as you have no guarantee that the plug-ins will still work unless every single author of all of your plug-ins also has released an update. There's nothing we can do to stop that either.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

More energy than ever! Let's do this!!
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
Come join us while I mess with TileD and GIMP for MZ :LZSjoy::LZSjoy::LZSjoy: (starting at 2PM ET)
The dolls are complete Shizukuandyuki.pngyunaandyuka.png what do you guys think of them i worked really hard on them
TFW you finally defeat an obnoxious bug in your project. B)
Made a showcase, guide, and tutorial to using GENE Scene Builder with RPG Maker MV :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmyFlakes