I own XP on steam as well as ACE, is there site to download the XP tiles Converted to ace?

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by tearsofthenight, Oct 24, 2015.

1. tearsofthenight

tearsofthenight Evil Sorcerer/Mystic Key Stealer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I want to use the XP tiles in ace, is there a website to download them converted to ace's size?

2. XPKobold

XPKobold Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think there's a program that allows you to do that. Though Game Character Hub allows you to merge tilesets but have not used this feature much yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It's not the size that's the issue - it's the format. A number of the XP tilesets are just too big (have too many tiles) to be converted to Ace. The autotiles are also in a different format, and are impossible to convert without having to actually edit pixels, as they allow a 16 pixel border and Ace only allows 8.

However, someone did at least make a start on a conversion a long time ago. I'm not sure how far they got. You should be able to find the results with a bit of Googling.

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    There's been a few attempts but no one's finished the whole thing.  XP's RTP is really big.