I purchased the RPG MAKER FES RESOURCE PACK, but the JP terms of service differ from the English terms of service included in the download...?

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I purchased the RPG MAKER FES RESOURCE PACK from RPGMakerWeb, but the JP terms of service differ from the English terms of service included in the download...?

In the english terms, it says you CAN edit the face/bust graphics, but in the JP terms it says you CANNOT.

I wanted to confirm if this is a mistake or if the terms differ based on the region you are from. Thanks!

@Archeia @Touchfuzzy @RPGMakerWeb

Velvela Jade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The EULA that applies to you, is dependant on which store you bought the resources from. However, it might mean you can't sell the game in Japan. I have no idea why all Japanese resources are non-commercial use as that makes buying a game maker for the purpose of making money making games useless in Japan. However, Japanese law might have something to say here. I'm not sure, as I couldn't find any answers given my silly search terms. I do know that if you buy from Japan store, you can not use those tile sets in a commercial game.

Incidentally, this is why I'm trying to buy whatever tilesets I can from this website's store before they unbrilliantly change the EULA. If they do change the EULA, then I'm not buying the game maker any more and will simply quit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21