portouwrico

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put a screen tint on a map that was supposed to be nighttime, which worked. But when I went to any other map afterwards that tint stayed.
I've tried:
making a new event where i set the tint back to normal
Deleting the original tint event
resetting my game

and no matter what now all my maps are set to the night tint and it's really screwing things up.
any advice?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you used a parallel process event to tint the screen dark, you also need a way to disable that event afterwards - either Erase Event (if you want it to re-tint when you return to that map), or turn on a self switch and add a new page conditioned by that self switch (if you only want it to run once, ever).

In any case, you will need another event to tint it back to normal at the appropriate time, or it'll just stay dark.

If deleting the original tint event doesn't stop the screen from tinting, it means you're either loading a save file from when the screen was dark, or you have something else that's causing your screen to tint. Look at what plugins you have, and what switches/variables they use. Often people don't pay enough attention to this, and they use the same switches/variables for something else, then their game goes crazy and they have no idea why.

portouwrico

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
So I checked my plugins and I don't have many to being with, but none of them deal with anything visual either. I went through and check all my events and still none of them have any sort of tinting event.
Would you suggest redownloading RPGMMV?

portouwrico

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you used a parallel process event to tint the screen dark, you also need a way to disable that event afterwards - either Erase Event (if you want it to re-tint when you return to that map), or turn on a self switch and add a new page conditioned by that self switch (if you only want it to run once, ever).

In any case, you will need another event to tint it back to normal at the appropriate time, or it'll just stay dark.

If deleting the original tint event doesn't stop the screen from tinting, it means you're either loading a save file from when the screen was dark, or you have something else that's causing your screen to tint. Look at what plugins you have, and what switches/variables they use. Often people don't pay enough attention to this, and they use the same switches/variables for something else, then their game goes crazy and they have no idea why.

Hi!
So I checked my plugins and I don't have many to being with, but none of them deal with anything visual either. I went through and check all my events and still none of them have any sort of tinting event.
Would you suggest redownloading RPGMMV?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Probably don't need to do that. Once you set a tint, the tint stays until you undo it. Do you ever call an event to set the tint to anything else? If not, then yes, that tint will be on your game until you do.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) if you start a new game from the title screen of your game, is the tint there or not?

If the tint is only there if you continue an older saved game, then that is your error and you need to start a new game.

2) redownloading MV is extremely unlikely to solve this, because it is in your project and not in the editor.

What you need to do is to find out where in your game the tint is set if a new game doesn't fix the problem, and that can only be done by carefully searching the project.

Edit: partially ninja'd

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Noriko_Human.png
Worked on some face-sets. Need to finish up the lot and cut some out of the game. She's looking pretty cute.
Even though I'm not going for the first time in...ten years or something...ordered my Gen Con dice!
Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdfsdfa