Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Closing the game can't cause any issue.

Unless you mean closing the game then loading it again without actually EXITING the exe?

I'm not sure why you're saying it's peculiar that going back to the title screen then loading the game again works - that's what it's MEANT to do, isn't it? What is the exact situation that causes it to NOT work?

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The exact situation is me closing the EXE or program of the playable version of the game.  When I reopen it and load the error occurs. I tried this several times to be sure.

I'm calling closing it and reopening it causing the issue ... as peculiar.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you set up all the battler positions at the very start of a new game? Your first event that runs?

If you want them to be in the default positions, go to the script and find the DataManager's create_game_objects method.

Change this line:

Code:
$game_custom_positions = {}
to this:
Code:
$game_custom_positions = VE.CUSTOM.POSITION.up
Otherwise if you want to set specific positions other than the default, you need to have a "starting" event that has several of these comments (one for each actor, with the desired positions):
Code:
<battler position i: x, y>

Last edited by a moderator:

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yes I do want custom positions, so I have to make a starting event at the beginning of the game or throughout? Where should I put it?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. One starting event, right at the beginning of the game. People usually have at least one of those to set up variables and switches that won't have the default value.

Just go to your starting map and create a new event. Set it to parallel process, then add comments like this:

Comment: <battler position i: x, y>and repeat it for however many battlers you're going to have in the party at one time (the default is 4, so if you haven't changed it, you'll need 4 comments, with i being 1 to 4). Then change the x and y values to whatever you want for that person in the lineup.At the end, turn on a self switch. Then create a second event page conditioned by the self switch, and don't make ANY other changes to that page.

Actually, scratch all of that.

Just go into the script and find where VE_CUSTOM_POSITION is defined:

VE_CUSTOM_POSITION = { # Position 1 => {x: 430, y: 240}, # Position for the first actor. 2 => {x: 370, y: 274}, # Position for the second actor. 3 => {x: 430, y: 304}, # Position for the thrid actor. 4 => {x: 370, y: 334}, # Position for the fourth actor. } # Don't removeand change the values as you need to. If you have more than 4 battlers in the party, add the extra lines for each one.Then make the other change that I said above, in the create_game_objects method.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So I add the comment calls into here... correct? If so should I put it below or above?

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Alias method: create_game_objects
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  alias :create_game_objects_ve_actor_battlers :create_game_objects
  def create_game_objects
    create_game_objects_ve_actor_battlers
    $game_custom_positions = {}
    $game_custom_formation = VE_BATTLE_FORMATION
    $game_position_adjust  = VE_POSITION_ADJUST.dup
  end

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No - ignore everything I said about comments. Just set the x and y positions in the script to where they need to be.

You can do it EITHER through comments OR by changing the default positions in the script. If you do the script, you need to change TWO things. I listed them both above, in separate posts. I said "change this ... to this ..."

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Okay from what I gather. I have already changed the custom positions you listed above.

Then I went ahead and changed

$game_custom_positions: following the line you suggested.

I just hope I am following what your putting down right.

Looks like it works now! I tested it several times, loading it, saving and loading, saving then closing and then loading, and nothing happened! It worked the way it should work, thank you Shaz I truly appreciate your help... and patience with dealing with me.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll go ahead and close this now. If it happens again (after starting a NEW game - don't try to play old saves with this) just report the thread and ask for it to be opened back up again. Then take screenshots (or copy and paste) those sections of the script so we can see what you've done.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D
So Facebook fraudulently took money from me. They even went through my PayPal accounts to find a card that had the money on it. Thinking about deleting my Facebook account because this doesn't happen on twitter, not even close.
Today the 2nd part of the RPGMakergame "A Thief's voyage" came out.

Go show DutchPowerCreations some love.
love it when you forget to put a certain thing in the movement route and suddenly a character starts spinning at 10000 rpm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWildSlicerx