I seriously NEED help with battles

rux

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I keep getting this problem whenever I am trying to do Battle Test or even just run it in play test.

A message keeps popping up saying these exact words

Script 'Scene_Battle' line 243: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant Scene_Battle::Window_BattleSkill

I've literally tried everything, from creating a new project and checking all the scripts and making sure they are in the correct order,
to literally resetting every single script I had and even plugins to go back to the default, and even that didn't work.

I also had another problem but it was another line of code (line 195 and SceneBattle::Window_BattleStatus)

But I think I fixed it because it isn't popping up anymore.

This bug is really annoying me, to the point I might stop working on the game I am making, because I worked so hard to get to the point of the boss battle and it isn't even working.

If anyone helps me with this problem, I thank you with my heart.

Thanks in advance.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's an indication that one of the default script (everything above material section) got deleted. Namely, the Window_BattleSkill. And it has nothing to do with any script you have installed.

rux

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's an indication that one of the default script (everything above material section) got deleted. Namely, the Window_BattleSkill. And it has nothing to do with any script you have installed.
It hasn't got deleted, I did mention that I reset every script back to what it was, and I even made another project that had the default scripts, every single battle test in that project worked except the project that I am working on. This is also the reason it is annoying me so much, because there is nothing wrong, but it just decides to not work at all.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It hasn't got deleted,
I don't believe this

I did mention that I reset every script back to what it was
Resetting every script does not mean deleting all of your external scripts. And I would like to see how did you do the reset.

nd I even made another project that had the default scripts, every single battle test in that project worked except the project that I am working on.
Exactly because the new project contains that particular script, so it worked. And you didn't "reset" your project "properly".

This is also the reason it is annoying me so much, because there is nothing wrong, but it just decides to not work at all.
Or you simply don't know what is wrong.

But I think I fixed it because it isn't popping up anymore.
So, does this problem still exist or it is actually solved?
If it is already solved, I'm telling you that was the reason. And if you do not believe that was the reason, prove it by providing the screenshot showing that particular script slot exists or send me the script.rvdata2. If you can not provide the evidence, then believe in what I've said.

rux

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! No need to worry anymore, it has been fixed (not sure how but I think I did something)

Thank you so much for helping me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha