Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey. :aswt:
This is to Degica if they decide to change it...
Or for any member to vote in the poll above...
I think that this resource pack here~
https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/steampunk-tiles-mv
~is overpriced. I mean, the tiles are amazing, good character, all high quality. But there just isn't much of it. For $10? I think it should be more around $5. :asrs:
His Futuristic school tiles pack (Ace) was small like this, but at $5, which seems more appropriate to me.
So what do you think? :awink:
If this isn't allowed, a moderator can close it. :ahappy:

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey. :aswt:
This is to Degica if they decide to change it...
Or for any member to vote in the poll above...
I think that this resource pack here~
https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/steampunk-tiles-mv
~is overpriced. I mean, the tiles are amazing, good character, all high quality. But there just isn't much of it. For $10? I think it should be more around $5. :asrs:
His Futuristic school tiles pack (Ace) was small like this, but at $5, which seems more appropriate to me.
So what do you think? :awink:
If this isn't allowed, a moderator can close it. :ahappy:
I personally think it's rude to comment on the pricing of a product because typically there's an artist involved behind the scenes that had to do the work and we have no idea what goes into it. I think the majority of resources are appraised before they go to shop and the prices are all a-ok by me as they're supporting artists within our community typically.

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I personally think it's rude to comment on the pricing of a product because typically there's an artist involved behind the scenes that had to do the work and we have no idea what goes into it. I think the majority of resources are appraised before they go to shop and the prices are all a-ok by me as they're supporting artists within our community typically.
I know a lot of work went into these tiles - like all of his resource packs. I have seen reviews on Steam talking about how you only get what is in the screenshots. And I do agree with them...

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The price could well reflect the fact that good quality tiles are not quick to make and artists have to live.
It could also reflect the fact that people get irritated that packs are not released on Steam without realising that Steam takes a significant cut, leaving the artist with less than if the pack were released on the webstore here, so maybe (guessing here, I have no inside information) the price is what it is so as to leave the artist with something?
I'm going to be blunt here, nothing personal. There are many things in life that are outside our preferred price range (who doesn't want things cheaper?). That doesn't mean that the price is 'wrong'. If it is more than we can afford at that time we either save up or go without. Try turning things round the other way. Do you want to be paid less in your job because someone wants to pay less for the goods/services your employer provides?

Last edited:

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you want to be paid less in your job because someone wants to pay less for the goods/services your employer provides?
No. :|
I'm going to be blunt here, nothing personal. There are many things in life that are outside our preferred price range (who doesn't want things cheaper?). That doesn't mean that the price is 'wrong'. If it is more than we can afford at that time we either save up or go without.
Hmm, that is a good point.
It could also reflect the fact that people get irritated that packs are not released on Steam without realising that Steam takes a significant cut. leaving the artist with less than if the pack were released on the webstore here, so maybe (guessing here, I have no inside information) the price is what it is so as to leave the artist with something?
Steam takes a cut? I had no idea.
I want to use the webstore more now. :)
(Except when there are great Steam deals ;))

I should have said this before, but I think they should combine the Steampunk Interior Tiles and the Steampunk Town Tiles into one DLC, and make it...$15. Or something like that.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Steam takes a cut?
Steam takes a massive cut - not just of resources, but of the engines as well. And they pressure people to have sales, so they discount the price from what's asked and then take a whopping big chunk of that!

I'd be surprised if the artist gets even 50% of the price you pay. I'd expect them to get more like 20%.

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Steam takes a massive cut - not just of resources, but of the engines as well. And they pressure people to have sales, so they discount the price from what's asked and then take a whopping big chunk of that!

I'd be surprised if the artist gets even 50% of the price you pay. I'd expect them to get more like 20%.
...:LZSgrump::LZSsad:

RMZenith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Steam cut is usually around 30% which is, in my opinion, absurdly high.

And that's the reason I only use steam as last choice.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There's a common saying that for every person you have to go through to release things, you have to double the price. I learned this the hard way when I released a textbook, due to the publisher + distributer take I had to more than double the price of the book (from $40 to $100) just so I didn't get pennies per copy sold.

Something to also think about every time you wonder why textbooks are so expensive as well.

GuanyuMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pricing is up to who's selling so I can't say much. If its overpriced it is the sellers problem only that he wont sell his product as it's supposed to in the end. However It would be nice to have package sells with some discounts. When you change styles like going for Time Fantasy or medieval you probably wont be satisfied with only one pack and "having to" buy more than one pack can be a downfall, so having everything in the same theme in one big pack as an option could be really nice.

I feel like the same could be applied to the steampunk packs and have at least a package with both packs with a small discount on it. But, in the end as already said it is up to the interest of who's selling the product .

Last edited:

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd just like to pipe in, as a content creator with a pack that's selling for $9.99... I think I'm allowed to say this as it's pretty vague, but at one point, I wasn't even getting a cent per download due to all of the discounts/cuts lol.

People can price their stuff however they'd like. If you don't want to buy it, then don't.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Price: This is why I waited on a sale!

Personal Solution: Find other packs I have to fill in the sheets, to make them work. Sometimes, it's actually beneficial to have packs that are 1/4 to 1/2 full, it allows me ( the user/maker/whatever ) to fill in the holes with stuff I want to use. I just went through the ringer trying to find a single 48x48 square in which to get ONE MORE graphic to fit.

@Celianna Not even one cent?!! out of a $9.99 pack?!!? Then you have my gratitude for still being here!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While was working on one of the monsters that will appear in my horor game I may have made harold a Lovecraftian monster. (I used his head to keep things aligned.)
Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshikosai