Fr0gg0

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all,
I wanted to make ice mechanics where as you walk over the ice, it will continuously move you in that direction until you hit something and come to a stop. Also the ice breaks behind you, and you cannot go back on any block you touched otherwise you gotta restart. I would appreciate any and all help!
Thanks,
A fellow kid making an assignment for school

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Frostorm Those tutorials are for MV and this is for VX Ace, so they won't work, as plugins etc. are incompatible.
@Fr0gg0 Yanfly has a script for slippery tiles in Ace, which you can find here. As for destroying tiles you have already walked on, I'd have to have a think about that. Probably done using an event placed on top of the ice tile. First page transparent, set to 'Player touch' which turns on a Self Switch. Second page conditioned by the self switch, graphic of broken/no tile and set to 'same as character' so that the player can't walk on it again. But you'd have to test that to be sure, as I've never added that feature.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah sorry, I didn't notice OP was using VXAce. Idk if Ace supports this but, if you can event it in the same way as in Echo's video, you can achieve the slippery tile effect by using the "1 step forward" custom move route in the event. It's just more tedious w/o a plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nallovint