I wanna remove anything battle based but I don't know where to even begin!

Ari

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have no clue how to open up the manuscript or anything to comment out anything battle related. I know what I want to do, but I can't begin doing it because I have no clue where that code is and its frustrating trying to find it! Please help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A big part of what you want is simply done by not using those options.

If you don't want any battles in your game, simply don't place any random or evented encounter in it. Removing the code is not needed for that.

This does leave the status screen values, but those have other uses as well. These need code changes to remove them from the screen, but if you can specify what you don't want then we can tell you where to change the code.

Ari

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
OK best way I can explain this is with an example, I wanna make a horror game,

Example: crooked man

How do I lets say, create how he would run from the guy but its not a boss flight because he has to run away and not get caught or its game over. I wanna remove how it has the (what I call pokemon encounter) battle thing like in the tutorial video.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then don't use the battleprocessing command, but use simple events to move the player and have events pretending to be enemies, without ever using the databas-enemies.

If you want better help for something, you need to describe it in more detail than comparing it to <unknown game xy> - you can't expect everyone to have played the same games you have.

Ari

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
OK to put it more bluntly, I want my enemy to chase me like with the eventchaseplayer plugin but I want the result to be defeat if the enemy catches the player.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simple:

Use autonomous movement (or some script) to follow the player, set the event page to event touch trigger and use the game over command on it (to be triggered as soon as the event touches the player)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I finally played Persona 4 to see what it's all about. I'm like wait...what the...this is JOJO!
Map025.png

The second settlement you'll visit in my newest game. The small village of Teytal.
sketch 4 an opening cinematic in my gameeee >:]
Untitled_Artwork_16.jpg
oh god how do I add pictures on here it keeps saying i need a link <--( suddenly forgot how technology works )
avery wip.png

"i have to work in like 5 hours ... let's start the main character's face set"
--me, an adult for the past 20 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeftaquitos