Tonitron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello everyone. I have a problem.

I want to do a penetration sysmen like the one in FFX. A enemy that have an armor and have too much physical defense, but there are a type of weapon that ignores the armor and do normal damage. Also, I want to do a skill to remove the armor to the enemy, like Shield Break from Auron. This can be done?

Thanks!!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually that occurs because almost all enemies in FFX have 1 DEF per the strategy guide. The ones with high armor are ones with more than 1 DEF, and Auron's attack is set to ignore DEF.

To make an attack ignore armor you'd need to set it so that it ignores DEF in the damage formula in the skill. Easiest way is to not include DEF in your formula. For remove armor, you'd need a state that reduces DEF by 99% (you can't get it to 0 but 99% would be close), or DEF * 1% would do it.

Tonitron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, thanks! But, how I put the ignoring defense hability in the Attack command? I have been out of VX Ace for many years and i didn't know all the things. Thanks!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You don't. You make a new skill that the weapon uses that does not have the b.def part of the formula (requires a script to have the weapon use the skill for attack though).

Tonitron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, for using that skill in the weapon I need a script. Can you tell me what is that script? Thanks!

Meowsticks

Just a person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I use Yanfly's Weapon Attack Replace script to do what is suggested. There might be other scripts from others but this is the one I know of. You might need the Yanfly Ace Core script I actually have no idea.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests . Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tonitron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is exactly what I want. Thanks to everyone!!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A good way to practice writing is to write "flash fiction"; very short stories. Link
[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.
It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gooom