I want to know if this is possible still?

Vixxth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Back when I used XP, i used a tileset to make a beautiful log cabin quite like this one: Log Cabin

I still have said tileset, but it's not compatible with RMMZ my current engine...

Does anyone know how to go about this? The only log cabin I could find after hours on google looked like a 5 year old drew it :(

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can either re-scale all the graphics you used for VX Ace, or use a plugin to change the tilesize of your current game.

I do not know the if there is yet a plugin for this for MZ, although it would surprise me if there isn't... But maybe the MV one works as well? It is worth the try.
It is called change_tile_size_(mv).js

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think all you would need is the sloping log roof pieces, and the log "shutters."

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Thank you.

It's possible if you can find the right graphics. I'm not sure if they exist. I feel like someone was working on converting the XP tiles to MV, which would make them compatible with MZ. But I'm not sure who it was, might be worth a search though.

edit: I got curious and resized the XP tileset with waifu2x. I think it turned out decent, haven't caught any stray pixels. I then reformatted it to fit an MV sheet. It looks like the one in the image you showed may have had the saturation changed it a bit, so that might be something you mess with if you like.

For anyone wanting to use this: You MUST own XP to use it in your project. It should work with MV and MZ.
XPForest_to_MV.png

Last edited:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maru has tiles for a log cabin:

I would not use upscaled tiles personally due to them being a little blurry and the style clash, but you could use the scaled tileset as template to rebuild the needed tiles with parts from MV's or MZ's RTP. Those on your screen don't look like regular XP sets though and rather like the Hanzo Kimura stuff, be aware that that guy stole resources and there might be stuff you are not allowed to use mixed on these tiles.

Last edited:

Vixxth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sir, You are a saint amoungst men!
Thank-you very much :D
I wish i knew how to do that.... i tried to manipulate it yesterday and everything ended up always too small or too large, and always offset..

again thank you so much!
[move]Resource Requests[/move]
It's possible if you can find the right graphics. I'm not sure if they exist. I feel like someone was working on converting the XP tiles to MV, which would make them compatible with MZ. But I'm not sure who it was, might be worth a search though.

edit: I got curious and resized the XP tileset with waifu2x. I think it turned out decent, haven't caught any stray pixels. I then reformatted it to fit an MV sheet. It looks like the one in the image you showed may have had the saturation changed it a bit, so that might be something you mess with if you like.

Vixxth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maru has tiles for a log cabin:

I would not use upscaled tiles personally due to them being a little blurry and the style clash, but you could use the scaled tileset as template to rebuild the needed tiles with parts from MV's or MZ's RTP. Those on your screen don't look like regular XP sets though and rather like the Hanzo Kimura stuff, be aware that that guy stole resources and there might be stuff you are not allowed to use mixed on these tiles.

Avery, you're not wrong, except I went through all my client resources and this websites resource forum, downloaded everything it had, and still not a single good template for a cabin village, it was weird... as i figure thats basically a thing with rpgs like this XD

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those on your screen don't look like regular XP sets though and rather like the Hanzo Kimura stuff, be aware that that guy stole resources and there might be stuff you are not allowed to use mixed on these tiles.

While some of the pieces in that map certainly look like they could be Hanzo's, the cabin pieces are identical to the XP set, except for the coloring, which seems to be saturation.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know that, it was just a heads up in case they were about to scale and use that exact batch of tiles. Plus some of “Hanzo's“ log edits were taken from zanyzora, which again is a different can of worms.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If this set is "illegal", then maybe I could try and help you out... I might be able to create tilted ruffs like that, using the MV RTP. They will be the same color as the wooden walls in MV RTP, so you can use the walls and windows you already got.

I will fiddle around with it later. (It is 11pm here now). If what I plan to do indeed looks pretty (which I can't promise until I tried...) then I will surely share the set here on the forums and let you know.

Vixxth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If this set is "illegal", then maybe I could try and help you out... I might be able to create tilted ruffs like that, using the MV RTP. They will be the same color as the wooden walls in MV RTP, so you can use the walls and windows you already got.

I will fiddle around with it later. (It is 11pm here now). If what I plan to do indeed looks pretty (which I can't promise until I tried...) then I will surely share the set here on the forums and let you know.
That would be amazing! I use MZ, will MV be compatible?

I honestly hate to say it, but the level of detail you could attain in XP makes MV and MZ like a dumbed down childs toy with 10% of the awesomeness it used to have...

Take for example, I just did an interior, spent a good 3 hours mix matching sets in the database to get what I wanted..

Only to find out near the end... I have zero plants or pictures for decor... and no room left to add any on the tileset, so disheartening..

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it will be compatible, but the the ruffs would be made to fit the walls in MV. However, now I know you need MZ, so I might use the MZ walls instead. This is, if MZ even has those wooden walls.

I do own MZ, so that is not the problem, but I still use MV, so I am not that familiar with the assets yet. :p

Like I said, I can't promise it will be any good... I will do my best though. (Did many, many, MANY edits before and I have even more hours in GIMP as I have in RPG maker, but this I do for the first time.) :p

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I made one for my game, but I'm not sure if it would fit with the rest of your tiles. But I can assure you, it doesn't look like a 5-year-old drew it, LOL.

Vixxth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, it will be compatible, but the the ruffs would be made to fit the walls in MV. However, now I know you need MZ, so I might use the MZ walls instead. This is, if MZ even has those wooden walls.

I do own MZ, so that is not the problem, but I still use MV, so I am not that familiar with the assets yet. :p

Like I said, I can't promise it will be any good... I will do my best though. (Did many, many, MANY edits before and I have even more hours in GIMP as I have in RPG maker, but this I do for the first time.) :p
Id appreciate that man, thanks a million <3

Vixxth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I made one for my game, but I'm not sure if it would fit with the rest of your tiles. But I can assure you, it doesn't look like a 5-year-old drew it, LOL.
Lmao, at this point, any resource seems like it would be better than what im dealing with XD

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
house.pngYou'll have to format it correctly and such, but here you go. Just please credit me, I worked very hard on this.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you going to steal all my jobs now? :p Hahaha.
(Just kidding. You know what I am talking about. :p Hahaha.)

Id appreciate that man, thanks a million <3
Don't thank me just yet... It might be as ugly as my butt. :p (Which isn't that ugly, if I may say so myself... I won't show you, though. You just gotta take my word on it!)

(Sorry that was lame... Hope the ruffs will turn out less lame! Hahaha.)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Even if you made 1% progress today in your making-game, that's 100% success!
This is Ralph from VX!
index.php

Always be consistent with your project.
Making backups regularly is good for the soul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luxurylilong