flashwebdev

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, I'm new to RPG Maker MV (just bought it yesterday), and I wanted to make a turn-based card game like Yu-Gi-Oh or Duel Masters (two card game animes). Can anyone point me in the right direction?
If it is not a tutorial, that's fine as well (it'll helpful though). I want to know how to do this and that.

Help is highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
While waiting for detailed responses, I strongly recommend that you go through Andar's compilation of info for new users. In particular, he links to 2 playable tutorials, one of Event Commands and one for Switches and Variables. You absolutely need to have a strong grasp of these aspects if you want to make the sort of game you speak of. Being interactive tutorials, you will learn more, and more quickly, than simply watching or reading ordinary tutorials.

Would you please provide links to the two anime that you mention. That is because although many people will have played card games, that doesn't mean that they are familiar with precisely those two. It will save a lot of confusion and possibly inaccurate suggestions if everyone knows exactly what you are referring to.

Thanks.

flashwebdev

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While waiting for detailed responses, I strongly recommend that you go through Andar's compilation of info for new users. In particular, he links to 2 playable tutorials, one of Event Commands and one for Switches and Variables. You absolutely need to have a strong grasp of these aspects if you want to make the sort of game you speak of. Being interactive tutorials, you will learn more, and more quickly, than simply watching or reading ordinary tutorials.

Would you please provide links to the two anime that you mention. That is because although many people will have played card games, that doesn't mean that they are familiar with precisely those two. It will save a lot of confusion and possibly inaccurate suggestions if everyone knows exactly what you are referring to.

Thanks.
Thanks for your reply.

These are the wikipedia links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Monsters
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_Masters

GeraldTyler

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey bro just throwing it out there, I've been playing TCGs for over a decade and am very well versed in the higher level concepts of strategy, balance, etc.

If you would like I would be more than happy to sign an NDA and look over your card game mechanics, and give you feedback on the cards themselves. I'll help you attempt to determine any broken cards or strategies which may otherwise ruin the game (Though if it's purely single player you may want to give the player an OP combo that they'll enjoy ROFL stomping the AI with, your call.)

All I would ask is to be credited. I see far too many CCGs come out with wasted potential. Best of luck to you either way though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If it gets 6 degrees hotter we've reach 100
I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.
Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?
That moment when you try to figure out a color scheme for an alien ship so that it's something other than "Grey on Grey".
It's up for viewing! See what happened when EquestriAlert got tested in 1997... or was it a test? Did somepony hack the system? Or did somepony push the wrong switch? Even Adagio Dazzle (the owner of the channel) has no clue.

Can you put the pieces together? Don't worry, the game isn't over yet! There's more pieces to add on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badim