First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1614398061422.png

I want to make this look like "the yellow heart drop FROM the chest"
but i don't know how to make an animation like this
I want a "Parabolic curve" that fly from the chest to the location

Does any godlike super developers know how to do this? thx!!
( I already know how to find a free tile to spawn the yellow heart, thx to "Eliaquim")

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe you could make a character sprite with a stepping animation that resembles the heart bouncing away from the chest???

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried using the event command Set Movement Route -> Jump?

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all but this is neither a solid animation curve nor jump
What I want is to make a "Parabolic curve" between the starting XY(which is the chest) to the spawned XY(which is the spawned location)

Since the spawned location can be anywhere around the chest, so the curve should be Dynamically generated between these two points!

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I repeat my question - did you try a jump? It should start from the location of the chest, go upwards on the screen as it moves to the side, then back down as it goes to the target coordinates. That is the definition of a parabolic curve.

You can have a route made to whatever you want, four or five possible locations around the chest that the item will land, then use a simple random number generation to determine which it goes to.

If you have tried that and it in some way does not work for what you're trying to do, then we'll need you to explain the difference. Otherwise, that's the solution that's built in for you.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I repeat my question - did you try a jump? It should start from the location of the chest, go upwards on the screen as it moves to the side, then back down as it goes to the target coordinates. That is the definition of a parabolic curve.

You can have a route made to whatever you want, four or five possible locations around the chest that the item will land, then use a simple random number generation to determine which it goes to.

If you have tried that and it in some way does not work for what you're trying to do, then we'll need you to explain the difference. Otherwise, that's the solution that's built in for you.

1614401851732.png

I think i cannot use the jump because of the following reasons:
1, I cannot input the XY here, because i don't know the XY , the XY is stored in the var#3 and var#4(because I have to find the free tiles around Dynamically)
2, I cannot let the yellow heart(an new spawned event) to spawn on the chest and then jump to the target, because there is already an event in the chest tile

so maybe what i need is a script call??
like draw a jump from one place to a targeted place?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1, I cannot input the XY here, because i don't know the XY , the XY is stored in the var#3 and var#4(because I have to find the free tiles around Dynamically)

You can use a script call that does the same as the Jump event command.

2, I cannot let the yellow heart(an new spawned event) to spawn on the chest and then jump to the target, because there is already an event in the chest tile

You can use the Set Event Location to move one event onto the same tile as another event. As long as the heart events have THROUGH on, they will be able to jump away from the chest location.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The suggestion I gave you in my last post was to create several possible locations and randomly choose which one you go to. No variables would be involved. There is zero reason it needs to be actually random, the player can't possibly know the difference.

However, you can absolutely do what Shaz suggested and use a script call for the jump instead of the button in your event commands.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The suggestion I gave you in my last post was to create several possible locations and randomly choose which one you go to. No variables would be involved. There is zero reason it needs to be actually random, the player can't possibly know the difference.

However, you can absolutely do what Shaz suggested and use a script call for the jump instead of the button in your event commands.
oh ok i will ask shaz about the script calls, i am super bad at the script calls
thank you!

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use a script call that does the same as the Jump event command.

You can use the Set Event Location to move one event onto the same tile as another event. As long as the heart events have THROUGH on, they will be able to jump away from the chest location.
hi Shaz! glad you are here!
can you tell me how to write the script calls?
I am super bad that doing the script calls

I want something like: Dojump(eventID, fromX, fromY, toX, toY)
thank you!!

EDIT: oh no , sth not right, i will not be able to know the eventID, because the events are newly spawned! god, i am doomed! shaz, please help!! i am so dumb!

Last edited:

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK to make myself understood, i will descripe my want-to-do:
1, player opens the chest
2, several yellow heart jumped out from the chest to around free tiles randomly
3, player steps on the yellow star and get some buff and other bonus

I want to create an animation to make the step#2 look realistic and catching
I don't know how to do this with jumping, because:
1, I don't know how to input XY to the jump location(because the XY is randomly generated and stored in Variable #3 and #4 during the open chest event)
2, I don't know how to do the script calls to make the jump
3, I don't know the newly spawned eventID(yellow heart) because they are newly Spawned

HELP!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@RyanYe, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to quote multiple people, use the +Quote button in the lower right corner of their posts.

How are you spawning them?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
event.jump(evX - varX, evY - varY)

?

you have to grab the event first for it to work, though.... so it'll probably be best to embed the move route in the spawned event itself, and have IT jump itself to position, rather than sending the order from the spawner.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[dpost]@RyanYe[/dpost]

If you want to quote multiple people, use the +Quote button in the lower right corner of their posts.

How are you spawning them?

ok sorry, i will not do double or even triple posting, lol

here is how i spawn them, i use Galv_eventSpawner, the script call is:
Galv.SPAWN.event(9,$gameVariables.value(3),$gameVariables.value(4));
(i don't know how to write "code" format in the forum, sorry i am dumb man)

the var#3 and var#4 holds the coordinates of the targeted location that i want to spawn(Randomly picked from free tiles around, you can see this post: here )

and the chest is the starting location from jumping

this is what i want!

============================================================
EIDT:
event.jump(evX - varX, evY - varY)

?

you have to grab the event first for it to work, though.... so it'll probably be best to embed the move route in the spawned event itself, and have IT jump itself to position, rather than sending the order from the spawner.

embed move route in the spawned event itself is another beautiful idea, but i don't know how to write or input the XY because the XY is stored on the Var#3 and Var#4

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

oddly enough, at this point... 3 major things have kept me from porting my project to MZ... animations, and that's mainly because they don't match the artstyle of my game. and two... I NEED a YED Sideview Battler like plugin and I have yet to see one. 3rd, I don't have the money for all the stuff I need plugin wise. and I already have it on MV... lol
Generally speaking, would there be interest in some form of tutorial regarding general project management? I see there are a lot of indie/self-taught devs around here, and looking back i feel like there was a lack of resources on how to properly manage a project that might take several years to finish
I've been working on some ABS team A.I. for 'A New Suburbia', and thought I'd share.

I'm generally quite please although the AI is a little grenade heavy right now :rolleyes: - Sneaking and stalking next! Please excuse the terrible map... it was just for ease of viewing!
Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedylmao