alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everyone it's Eric again, ready to roll and learn (Sorry admins if this is in the wrong thread AGAIN) anyway. I would like to know how to make a animated window where a shadow moves across it once, for spook purposes of course. See i'm trying to make my first horror game cause I really want to get into the genre and I always thought it was really cool to have those secret spooks that not everyone sees. so if you could help me out that would be really nice, I tried finding a tutorial about it but the one was for animating trees and it didn't really help me :<

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Assuming I'm understanding correctly and you mean a window graphic, and not a message window effect:
The easiest way would be to create your window graphic as a character event and then set a move route on it, which has it "turn" to show the shadow move across the screen.
i.e. a graphic like this:
1626887766177.png
Then the move route would be turn left, wait 6, turn right, wait 6, turn up, wait 6, turn down, direction fix on.

Or something along those lines (look at the pre-built door event for another example)

*Edit: typed the turn order wrong

alltheyuriz

They System is overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ukeo