I want to maybe become an RPG composer...

Tokyo Joe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, so I have known about RPG Maker for years, but I am just now taking a much closer look into the community because it is fascinating.

I have been composing classical,baroque and RPG-style music for years and I would like some of my music in a game someday.

This might be a stupid question so please forgive me, but can you compose music from within any of the RPG maker games or are these only for making the games and not the music?

I compose my own music using various DAW's + Reason, but I'm also curious what DAW's or music softwares are popular to use for RPG music specifically?

I would appreciate any advice and thanks!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is not possible to write music from with the RPGMaker engine, all you can do is tweek the pitch and volume of an existing track.

EDIT
You might find this forum useful. If I remember correctly, there are several threads discussing music making software.

EDIT AGAIN
Now I think about it, that is probably the best place for this particular thread too.

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

fjkv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think any DAW that you're comfortable with would work fine to compose in. I would recommend listening to the soundtracks of your favourite RPG's for inspiration, additionally limiting yourself to a small bank of sounds might help you get started.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...
French folk trying to pronounce English words. I loved how the man pronounced squirrel as 'square friend'.
Therapist: any questions? Me: Yeah, are there actually people who think Hotel California is about drugs and not fame or are people just trying to upset me?
Therapist: They WHAT?
It's interesting. There are no safety hazards in our country, but if you look at the shelves in supermarkets, you'd say there's a zombie apocalypse here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppkvvet