I want to maybe become an RPG composer...

Tokyo Joe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, so I have known about RPG Maker for years, but I am just now taking a much closer look into the community because it is fascinating.

I have been composing classical,baroque and RPG-style music for years and I would like some of my music in a game someday.

I compose my own music using various DAW's + Reason, but I'm also curious what DAW's or music softwares are popular to use for RPG music specifically?

I would appreciate any advice and thanks!

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I don't think there's a popular one. You could use any DAWs or softwares you want. I saw some RPG Maker composers using Pro Tools, some others use Reaper, Studio One, FL Studio, etc.

BrandedTales

StoryTeller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think there's a lot of variety in tools... I think the more important thing if you want to get in is to get your stuff out there. Post a resource workshop and offer out stuff for the community.

As people get comfortable with your work (and you start getting feedback), you'll know how to adjust so you can start selling it.

Good luck!

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think there's a DAW that specifically has features that would be ideal for RPG music. I use a combination of Finale (I love to notate) and Reaper and that seems alright with me. I did install a tool into Reaper that makes contouring the CC controllers way, way easier (ReaControlMidi). To me, one of the most important aspects of all music (but certainly RPG music) is having that expressiveness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RpgMaking321