I want to put individual "show-choices" potions in Common Events. But I failed! Help!

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard02.png
Clipboard03.png

The tricky thing is : If I copy everything from the Common Event Page to Event page, three options will be shown.
Why? How Can i use common event to store options of each show-choice?
I do this because I will further create six "random choices" from 20 existed choices RANOMLY(both order and content)
(Galv plugin does not cause conflict or problem here, it will be like this regardless it is On or Off)

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
an item can only call a single common event. everything you want it to do has to be in that single common event, you can't split it between several events.

and even if you could handle multiple common events with a plugin, those common events would still be executed one after another, never at the same time.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
an item can only call a single common event. everything you want it to do has to be in that single common event, you can't split it between several events.

and even if you could handle multiple common events with a plugin, those common events would still be executed one after another, never at the same time.
then how can I achieve my goal:
create six "random choices" from 20 existed choices RANOMLY?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for something like that, you either need a lot of logic conditions (bad idea) or a plugin that gives you conditional and advanced choice options.

I suggest the plugins from www.himeworks.com but you have to make sure you get the correct ones, not the older Ace scripts.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Speaking for myself, it's hard to answer your question because it doesn't make much sense - what does "create six random choices from 20 existed choices" mean?

Your profile says your first language is English, so if you please take a little more time in your posts and use more accurate words and sentences, you'll get better answers.

But generally speaking...is there a reason you can't put it all in one event? Or put the having choices and random determinations in one event, then set variables or switches from there to trigger other pages?

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Speaking for myself, it's hard to answer your question because it doesn't make much sense - what does "create six random choices from 20 existed choices" mean?

Your profile says your first language is English, so if you please take a little more time in your posts and use more accurate words and sentences, you'll get better answers.

But generally speaking...is there a reason you can't put it all in one event? Or put the having choices and random determinations in one event, then set variables or switches from there to trigger other pages?

Thank you for reply, you had helped me many times!

create 6 from 20 means I have 20 choices in the game and I only want to give the player 6 choices out of them each time.

let's say this, I have 20 choices such as : 1,2,3....20(In database, common events, or whatever it could be)
player visit an event: it pops up: which do you want to choose?
player closes the menu and visit again. the choices becomes:
(6 random out of 20)

I am using hime_largechoices.js to make it possible to combine choices together if I put multiple show-choices in one event into one show-choice, but once I seperate them into individual common event, It shows only the first one. So this is what I was asking.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but once I seperate them into individual common event, It shows only the first one.
you cannot seperate them - no matter what all options have to be in the same common event.
I am using hime_largechoices.js to make it possible to combine choices together
that is only the first step.
the second step is using tsukihime's choice options to hide 14 of the 20 options in your display.

basically you need to create one show choice with all 20 options and then randomly hide 14 of those options.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you cannot seperate them - no matter what all options have to be in the same common event.

that is only the first step.
the second step is using tsukihime's choice options to hide 14 of the 20 options in your display.

basically you need to create one show choice with all 20 options and then randomly hide 14 of those options.
Oh my goooooodness
I never thought I can "hide" others!
Hiding others is really a marvelous idea!!
Thank you Andar!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Thank you.

If you need help with something in your game, please post in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

If your issue is resolved, go ahead and report your first post and say so, and your thread will be closed.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymouss