I want to show Item Description in Szyu's Crafting System.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by almondbreeze, Jul 7, 2018.

1. almondbreeze

almondbreeze Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay. I started with Szyu's crafting system, which works perfectly, except for 2 problems: the Play sound effect function is not working, I don't know why; I haven't messed with the sound effects at all and it should be calling from the original directory. But oh well. The main problem I'm having is that this system doesn't display the item description before crafting. Knowing what you're crafting is something I think is very important for my project, since crafting ingredients are very rare and expendable.

So I tried to use a different system, specifically Daimonious Tails' system. I tried everything to make it work properly, and I was very meticulous. But no matter what I did it kept crashing my game with an error message. So all the effort into setting that up was wasted, and I scrapped it.

Then I looked into Yanfly's Item Synthesis system, which looks good because it does display the item description, but from what I understand, it is not capable of having different "categories" that are separate menus, (ie. Alchemy, Blacksmithing, etc.)

So what I am looking to do is this: Alter the js of Szyu's system (I have done so before to remove the Gold required message)
    so that the item description will show before you craft the item. The problem I am having is I cannot figure out how to call the Item description to plug this into the code. I'm not super proficient at js, but I think I would be capable of doing this if I had some help.

Thank you for reading this, And if anyone can think of a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do, or recommend a better crafting plugin that meets my needs, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Please edit your post to provide a link to the webpage where you got the plugin you mention. That way if anyone needs to check something to help you they don't have to go hunting.

3. mrcopra

mrcopra Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I made a tiny small edit in his js but the thing is the description shown exactly under the ingredients like these

Attached Files:

4. Maliki79

Maliki79 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Assuming you need the description in the ingredients window, the item's description should be
    Code:
    this._item.description
    If you need to put it in a different window, the call might be different.