I was just wondering if there was a way to add a skill that requires a item to use it.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The idea was that one character can use the Escape from battle ability but needs a smoke bomb to use it. I could add Smoke Bomb under weapon types but it's just a one-use item.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look at Yanfly's Plugins... YEP_SkillCostItems

To start...

imnoto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think you could 'under effects' link it to a common event that checks if the player has smoke bombs then play buzz sound if doesn't have or even display a message and if he does book out and subtract a smoke bomb

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@firestalker The only one I could find was for MV. I'm still using Ace.
@Imnote Maybe this was a bad idea. The character in question can't protect. And most of his combat skills don't do any damage. The skills that do deal damage don't do much. He is like Liam Neeson. He has a particular set of skills. Stealing, lying, and running away. Usually in that order. Maybe giving him another handicap isn't a good idea.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
use the Escape from battle ability but needs a smoke bomb to use it

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png
I always smile to myself when I see someone do the "immediate halt and spin around" from forgetting something. I find it sort of endearing how we all do it without ever being taught to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raeellee