I wish I could draw like this

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Mister.Right, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Mister.Right

Mister.Right Veteran Veteran

When I was little I loved drawing but did not have time and money to pursue this passion. Now, I don't dedicate my time in drawing anymore but I love looking at fantasy art like this.

I think it takes years to be good like this, and hours to draw a picture like this.

2. mogwai

mogwai 1984 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have both fear and reverence for artists of this caliber. Truly, truly, amazing.

kaukusaki likes this.
  3. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you want it bad enough, anything is possible :kaoluv:
    I couldn't find any info on this artist, but on other I know who draw like this, they probably went to an art school and have been studying and drawing everyday for decades..

Actually, when I look at this, I think it's a little sloppy. I get that it's a style choice to leave things a bit more painterly, but personally I prefer art that's really detailed and defined, but that's just my opinion. In a fantasy setting, a painterly style might add to the dream-like quality, plus it'd take like two weeks to refine all that, and given that people look at pictures for like 2 minutes, it's not worth it XD

4. mogwai

mogwai 1984 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rhino
    You make a good point. When I'm looking at art blogs/videos, the amount I appreciation I actually have for this is just a drop in a bucket.

Two minutes is an over estimate. In video editing class, they taught us that the average American attention span is literally less than 3 seconds. And this was about 10 years before tumble blogging like Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.

It's like...
    • "Ooo pretty picture!" (swipe)
    • "Ooo pretty picture!" (scroll)
    • "Ooo pretty picture!" (scroll)
    • etc...

BTW. I went to an art college and I art like a caveman.

kaukusaki and Quxios like this.
  5. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, cavemen were the pioneers of art ;) I bet you can do great things :kaopride:

kaukusaki likes this.
  6. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @mogwai Like a caveman indeed! You apparently art like a caveman and you're still loads better than me! I do art like a fifth grader.
    @Rhino yeah, I agree. The hair and stuff looks really weird. It's decent when you look at it for the first time, but it's kind of blurry. I prefer a sharper style. *Looks at avatar* Maybe not that sharp.

7. Mister.Right

Mister.Right Veteran Veteran

FFVIII and FFXV fan here? When the two art forms(draw and music) come together gives me good mood.

8. Tsarmina

Tsarmina Resident Redhead ♥ Veteran

First Language:
    Java :P
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's wanglong/wlop's art!! :kaojoy:I'm a big fan of his work. He has a webcomic too c:

I've been drawing arbitrarily all my life and I hope that I can paint like that too, some day. :kaocry:

9. Papillon Effect

Papillon Effect Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love this, I wish I could do this. We have the equipment, It's just training the eye that I've spent so little time working on.

10. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I got an design degree and waste it on pixels lol I do some cartooning as well as watercolors and acrylic painting. I got inspired by Bob Ross. XD still can't do oils to save my life tho lol
    I've always done digital art but nothing that fancy.... I can throw down in draw plus if I have time lol